Ready2Raster

Anything and everything CNC-Shark-related

Moderators: ddw, al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

BillConroy

Ready2Raster

Post by BillConroy »

Any suggestions on how to use this product? I have an SD510 with the NextWave 7W laser. I loaded a jpeg into the Ready2Raster program and had it generate a tap file with the defaults 100% power and 120 in/min on light wood. When I run the tap on the machine, you can see laser turn on and off but no image is burned. I know the laser works as I tried to use it with Aspire and Vectric's laser module. It operated with the Shark laser post processer but due to issues with the software failed to generate the image. Vecrc suggests no one use their product until the repair it.

Any suggestions, I'd like to figure out how to get an image generated.

TGoldsbury

Re: Ready2Raster

Post by TGoldsbury »

Don't know if this is your problem, but I had a similar problem with my HD4 and the 2W laser. I could see it flash, but no marks. Found out you can't plug the laser power into the Shark controller, found that in one of Next Wave's articles. You can plug it into the same power strip as the controller is plug into, just not the controller itself.

BillConroy

Post by BillConroy »

Thanks for the reply. I have the laser plugged into an exterior outlet, not the controller.

sballenot

Post by sballenot »

I have a SD110 with the 2w laser, and you can only plug it into the controller, there is no separate power cord. When I run the .tap file generated by ready2raster the laser flashes like it's working but nothing gets burned. I'm using 100% power setting also.

Any ideas?