Program Read Errors

Anything and everything CNC-Shark-related

Moderators: ddw, al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

GTOGEORGE

Program Read Errors

Post by GTOGEORGE »

Did a program in photovcarve and Coded it using G Code Inch (*.tap). When I loaded it into the Shark Pro the g codes and co-ordinates looked good. all settings were Inches. However when I started to run the machine was concentrating in a tiny area instead of the expected 4in x 2.5 in. I found that the coordinates displayed and the coordinates displayed on the axis differed by a factor of 25. Why would it be transmitting in metric when the settings were all in inches?? Any ideas?? Previous programs ran fine and I have done this one over 3 times.

jeb2cav
Site Admin

Re: Program Read Errors

Post by jeb2cav »

Hi - the most likely explanation is that you are using the wrong post processor file(s) with PhotoVCarve. The Shark post processor(s) for Aspire, VCarve Pro and Cut3D are different from the post processor used for PhotoVCarve. This thread - http://www.cncsharktalk.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=109 - is a good conversation on the topic of post processors, Shark and Vectric software.

Let us know if this clears the problem for you.

GTOGEORGE

Post by GTOGEORGE »

I brought in the correct Post Processors and put them into the PostP file as required and they do list in the PostP when looking at them in explorer but do not show up when I try and find them in the drop list in PhotVcarve. Tried rebooting everything with no change in result. I am interested in purchasing Photvcarve but do want to make sure it can do what I want. So far just Frustration.

tonydude

Post by tonydude »

Here is a link for all downloads http://nextwaveautomation.com/DownLoads.aspx
Buffalo,NY

"What will matter is not what you bought but what you built; not what you got, but what you gave”

Aspire 11.015, photo vcarve, cnc mako shark extended bed with the new upgraded HD 5 gantry with Led pendent.

jeb2cav
Site Admin

Post by jeb2cav »

I'd email support@vectric.com - describe what you've done and that they are not showing up in PhotoVCarve even after you placed them in what you think is the correct location.

jeb2cav
Site Admin

Post by jeb2cav »

Hi George - I think I've figured this out. For the trial version of PhotoVCarve, it looks like the post processor should be placed in:

c:\Program Files\PhotoVCarve\Exec\PostP (or c:\Program Files (x86)\PhotoVCarve\Exec\PostP - for a 64 bit system). Got this idea by reading through some Vectric PVC posts. Let us know if that works for you.