Calling all CNC Users for GUI change to Shark Control Panel

Anything and everything CNC-Shark-related

Moderators: ddw, al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

REG

Re: Calling all CNC Users for GUI change to Shark Control Pa

Post by REG »

With all of these "former" software programmers you think some of you could peel the software open and modify. Understanding copyrights and respecting an authors work but I am willing to bet that NCPod or NWA would not object to submited modifications/enhancements to them.

As for the intent of this topic, I would like to see many of the enhancements mentioned here as well as something opened in the tablet arena. Apple tablet is a tough field to get an application approved in but Android is seemingly growing by leaps and bounds. The use of a tablet touch-screen has such a great potential for CNC (without using VNC or PC Anywhere as mentioned before on the forum using a tablet).

As a closing note; I took a look at Flashcut. Quite interesting. Always seeing new technologies out there (though this is not a new one) even after scouring the internet on CNC controllers and software I still find out about stuff out there more from forums than Google. :roll:

Bobby

jeb2cav
Site Admin

Post by jeb2cav »

Hi BF Sawing - I wouldn't wait to purchase just because of this. If you look in the Show Off Your Projects section you'll see a number of things that have been created with the current control panel in play. It is weak, no contest, but not a show stopper - a sometimes inconvenience, but not an error inducing point of failure.

And when the "new" Shark Control Panel is released, it will be available to all for free. So, if you ordered today, you'd probably have it on the ground and unboxed and within 2-3 weeks of that event, the "new" software would be available.

BFSawing

Post by BFSawing »

Thank you Doug. :) I looked at a Demo in Maine and Like it. and the price is good. But the HD is looking better. 2.5 hp Router and z clearante is going to help me too.

The "new" Shark Control Panel is a free upgrade????

jeb2cav
Site Admin

Post by jeb2cav »

The Shark Control Panel software that is provided by Next Wave Automation remains downloadable from their website product, and thus far has supported all users (since sales started). So, new versions remain free. I agree with your assessment on the HD compared to the Pro/Pro Plus - and given how Rockler has structured the pricing, there's not a good reason in my opinion not to go with the HD if you are considering the Pro Plus as the alternative.

Joe

Joraft

Post by Joraft »

BFSawing wrote:Thank you Doug. :)

... But the HD is looking better. 2.5 hp Router and z clearance is going to help me too.
Does anyone have brand suggestions for a good quality 2.5 hp router? All the ones I've looked at in this size (3.5" inch barrel) are 2.25 hp.

I know 1/4 hp is not that big a deal, but I'd like to check out all possibilities.
John

BFSawing

Post by BFSawing »

I've been looking E-bay.

Joraft

Post by Joraft »

BFSawing wrote:
I've been looking E-bay.
For me, it must be a router that has PreciseBits collets available for it. And I've haven't found any 2.5 hp where that's the case.
John

billb

Post by billb »

sign me up. I was told Mach3 could be used on my Shark Pro Plus when I bought it last year. Mach3 has all the setup and controll features that I want. Now it sounds like the Basic Controll Panel is ready to release some upgrades. I ready to try them anytime