3d to aspire or not to aspire

Anything and everything CNC-Shark-related

Moderators: ddw, al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

thomas

3d to aspire or not to aspire

Post by thomas »

I've been trying some of the 3d carvings that came with the sampler pack and and they came out great. My question ok questions will aspire take me to a new level or can i get by with vcarve and buy 3d models for now and import them, how can i take the A carvings and lay them on top of my board without cutting them out. The 3d's iv'e done are in the bowl shape B but I don't always want to do it that way and the C models i think would look funky in a vcared letter sign. I would love to see what others have done and how.

Thanks

sk8nmike

Re: 3d to aspire or not to aspire

Post by sk8nmike »

Aspire has quite a few more features than VCarve. I currently have a Carvewright ( getting Shark next week) and I use Aspire to create all my patterns then move them over.

Before I got Aspire I would start a drawing in Coreldraw, move it to Zbrush, save the Z map and then import it to the Carvewright pattern editor. With Aspire I can load 3D and 2.5D files from other programs and output Zmaps, G code or Tap files. There are also plenty of tools to convert a clipart file (BMP, Jpeg, PNG tif...etc) or draw your own from scratch..

Here's a link to feature Aspire have that Vcarve doesn't .

http://www.vectric.com/WebSite/Vectric/ ... tures.html