Lithophanes

Anything and everything CNC-Shark-related

Moderators: ddw, al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

momojito

Lithophanes

Post by momojito »

Hi I am new to this. Was wondering what I need to make a lithophane? Type of materials used, color and thickness. Type of bits Etc.

tonydude

Re: Lithophanes

Post by tonydude »

You'll going to need a piece of 1/4" corian, .125 ball nose and a .0625 ball nose. Led lights, power supply,wire,wood to make the box.You are going to need the photo vcarve program. Lot of info on making them on www.vectric.com/forum and click on photo vcarve and photo vcarve gallery. Just check out the whole site about all the programs.

Tony
Buffalo,NY

"What will matter is not what you bought but what you built; not what you got, but what you gave”

Aspire 11.015, photo vcarve, cnc mako shark extended bed with the new upgraded HD 5 gantry with Led pendent.

momojito

Post by momojito »

What colors of corian work best and any info. on where to get it at a good price?

tonydude

Post by tonydude »

Here is where most people get theirs on ebay. http://stores.ebay.com/SanJac-Stuff/_i. ... =183835419
Get 8x10, 5x7 white or bone. Any more questions, just ask.

Tony
Buffalo,NY

"What will matter is not what you bought but what you built; not what you got, but what you gave”

Aspire 11.015, photo vcarve, cnc mako shark extended bed with the new upgraded HD 5 gantry with Led pendent.