Dust Collection

Anything and everything CNC-Shark-related

Moderators: ddw, al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

martin graphics

Re: Dust Collection

Post by martin graphics »

Not being a woodworker (I only make signs on HDPE) and also being retired. I would rather purchase a dust collection system from one of you folks where I can just hook it up to my machine. Let me know if anyone would make one for me & what the price is.

Bob Martin
The Villages, Florida

Haltex

Post by Haltex »

Bob,

i think we are going to see quit a few different setups this is good, yes I would be glad to help you out. just pick out what you want to do or how you want it done. yes we all need to help each other out thats what is all about.

Hal

Bob

Post by Bob »

martin graphics wrote:Not being a woodworker (I only make signs on HDPE) and also being retired. I would rather purchase a dust collection system from one of you folks where I can just hook it up to my machine. Let me know if anyone would make one for me & what the price is.

Bob Martin
The Villages, Florida
Bob,
If you want, you can have the dust foot I made. Price: $00.00. I don't use it anymore. http://www.rockler.com/CustomerGalleryD ... roject=560
My version bolts on, but it could easily be modified with magnets or velcro as previously mentioned in this topic.
I find the dust booth easier and more effective.
PM me if you are interested.
Bob
"Focus"
Antonie Van Leeuwenhoek (Developer of the microscope.)

hdtheater

Post by hdtheater »

What thickness would did you use to make this from? From what I can tell it looks like 3/4"

Also, you posted two DXF files. Are those to be used together or just different options?

As soon as it it gets bearable in my garage, I want to make on of these for my setup.

Thanks again for sharing!
Thanks,

-Eric

Facebook.com/inspireddesignstx

Haltex

Post by Haltex »

Sorry I didn't explain it very well. I made (2) 1/4 Baltic Burch plywood plates, the Q DXF file is the bottm plate as with the top plate that has all but, the 1/4 inch holes and are glue together to make one plate.The other file Vac Mount is a 3/32 inch metal plate bolted under the router mount as the pic shows. I also have the DXF file for the 1/8 hole if need it. The brushes that you to pull out with pliers has different sizes and some times stiff, need soft brushes. I us the long brushes to work with the In-Groove router bit that are quite long. The brushes just come down to the top of the wood. The Earth magnets are the best I get them from Rockler.
If any other things I can help with let me know. Hal

hdtheater

Post by hdtheater »

Thanks! Another question. When it is all assembled, how much does all of it weigh?

I have read some instances that additional weight causes the router to lose a 90 degree position. Did you experience any issues like that? If so, what did you do to rectify them?

Thanks again

Eric
Thanks,

-Eric

Haltex

Post by Haltex »

No there has been no problem as the weight. Very light, yes I read that to. If it was to heavy the magnets would let it drop sometimes I have to stop if I get it running to fast and to deep that it fall off, another thing the cut out in the back is to put it around the bit so no bolt holding it on. Don't use the plastic 4 inch hose I tryed it is to heavy the 4 inch dryer hose work got it is vey light. I have had it working for at least 6 months.

Hal

lazym

Post by lazym »

I don't have a lot of money so I set my CNC Shark Pro up in my garage. Dust was a problem so I built a frame to go around it and started using clear vinal to cover it. I soon found the vinal creates a lot of static electricity so I only used it for the back panel. I covered the sides with material, using four panels weighted down with four 1/2 dowels. It keeps the dust from going outside the enclosure (except for the front) and doesn't interfere with loading and unloading my wood. I use a shopvac for the front and it collects a lot of the dust. I'm still looking for better ways without having to attach stuff to the machine.

I have some pictures to show but I can't figure how to load them or where to put them so you can look at them. If someone can tell me how to attach the photos, I'll show how I made it.

Wayne

hdtheater

Post by hdtheater »

For photos, I post them to my photo bucket account and link to the image. I haven't figured out how to attach files yet.

Eric
Thanks,

-Eric

Haltex

Post by Haltex »

Eric,

The Vac Mount DXF file can be used as a 1/4 inch spacer that is mount to the bottom with the nut of the router plate that has matching patterns of the magnet to hold it in place. The other way is to make the Vac Mount with a thin peace of metal that you see in the photo that is bolted to the bottom of the router plate to hold the Vac Q that also has magnets to hold in place. I hope this help.

Hal