Anything and everything CNC-Shark-related

Moderators: ddw, al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

baby15

Re: signs

Post by baby15 »

SPH01 wrote:Dust Shoe
http://www.kentcnc.net
Works well.
great news i tryed the square inch on basic control 1.5 an it went well so i tried a new sign an carved it the way i wanted it to.dont know what differance is between the i.4 version an 1.5. also updated firmware on 1.5 before i started doing all this. thanks for the help from everyone. gary

baby15

Post by baby15 »

baby15 wrote:
Works well.
great news i tryed the square inch on basic control 1.5 an it went well so i tried a new sign an carved it the way i wanted it to.dont know what differance is between the i.4 version an 1.5. also updated firmware on 1.5 before i started doing all this. thanks for the help from everyone. gary
also ran 1.4 version an it ran the 1 inch square okay to. it must of been the firmware update.

baby15

Post by baby15 »

Works well.
did you get the 129.00 one. an did you have to get the spacer i use 3 inch endmills

SPH01

Post by SPH01 »

Glad to hear you got it working.
I bought the 3" starter unit. There is room with the router down all the way to move the dust up and down but the 2" and the spacer would give you 1-1/2" of play without moving the dust plate. There is only one screw so for now I can loosen it vs another $100.00
It gets 99% of the dust, if I moved it up and down more it would be 100% ( I have a 4" collector not a shop vac)

PWHERB

Post by PWHERB »

I'd like to jump in with a similar, but different issue. I have a new Shark Pro Plus HD also. The problem I am having when carving signs is that if I setup two separate text blocks, with differing sizes, the smaller of the two doesn't want to carve deep enough. Both are set to use the 90 degree V bit at a depth of .25 inches. I am not totally surprised that the depth is being adjusted to a shallower depth since the letters are smaller. However, no matter what depth I select, it won't go any deeper. I tried just about everything I could think of. Any ideas?

baby15

Post by baby15 »

PWHERB wrote:I'd like to jump in with a similar, but different issue. I have a new Shark Pro Plus HD also. The problem I am having when carving signs is that if I setup two separate text blocks, with differing sizes, the smaller of the two doesn't want to carve deep enough. Both are set to use the 90 degree V bit at a depth of .25 inches. I am not totally surprised that the depth is being adjusted to a shallower depth since the letters are smaller. However, no matter what depth I select, it won't go any deeper. I tried just about everything I could think of. Any ideas?
1 only done 2 signs so far but will try some outhers soon but i did notice the last one i set it at 5/8 it wasent that deep when i carved it been busy making 40 sign blanks. staining them an 2 coats of finish before i carve them