Anything and everything CNC-Shark-related

Moderators: ddw, al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

Haltex

Re: Dust Collection

Post by Haltex »

Complete Dust.crv
It is all cut with a 1/4 inch end mill
(990.5 KiB) Downloaded 313 times
The dust collecter works good until you bring the gantry to the front of the table and thows it out and on the floor. I made a differnt pattern to come out to the side it works good so far my try something differnt but for now this will work.the bottom plate is 1/2 inch playwood and the top part is 1/4 inch with a 1/4 inch bit to cut the grove out for the skirt to go in. The skirt I am using is from http://www.KentCNC.net/nc/orderdetails.aspx?orderid=166 it fit so tight you do not need to glue it in. This is close to the last build using the magnet to hold it in place. Try it to see if it work for you. I am using the 4 inch hose to the dust collecter

cnick60

Post by cnick60 »

Hey Guys,
What type of vac are you using? I have 1.5horse shopfox that is 1250 cfm ( I think ) and I worry it will collapse the dryer vent line? I have a kent cnc dustshoe and the flex line I have with it seems too stiff, and I worry aboutthe stress on the motors....What do you guys think????

Haltex

Post by Haltex »

I really dont think that you are going to have to much problem with your set up I am using a 1500cfm and am using 4 inch dryer hose. The hose really bunches up when turned on and pulling the dust and some times small peases but it dose great I dont have hardly any dust at all. I hope everything works out if you need any help give me a buzz.
Hal

hdtheater

Post by hdtheater »

Hal,

Do you have any pics of your setup? I am thinking of overhauling my dust collection setup on mine.

Thanks,

-Eric
Thanks,

-Eric

Facebook.com/inspireddesignstx

Haltex

Post by Haltex »

Eric, I if you go back to the earler part of the dust collection you will see the set up that I am using with a few thing changed but it is close to the same setup is their something you are wanting to change I would be glad to make you up the G Code for you if you would give me a Idea of what you are doing.
Hal

hdtheater

Post by hdtheater »

Sorry, I forgot that I got the plans for the dust boot from you originally. Don't I feel like the fool. :)

What kind of DC are you using and how much dust do you collect with your current setup? Since we are using the same boot and dryer duct method, I am interested in your feedback. This last weekend, I made a big mess in my shop and has prompted me to rethink my setup.

I am currently using an Oneida Cyclone and a ShopVac. I have the 4" dryer duct reduced down to a 2.5" hose at the cyclone and then 2.5" hose to the Shop Vac. I think my Shop Vac is about to give out and I am thinking of going for a dust collector and the new Vortex cyclone for Rockler with all 4" hose this time around. My alternative is building and enclosure and just sucking up the dust afterward with a new Shop Vac and existing cyclone.

Thanks,

-Eric
Thanks,

-Eric

Facebook.com/inspireddesignstx

Haltex

Post by Haltex »

Eric, you are on the wright road I have the dust collecter on the other end of the shop I have run 4 inch white sewer pipe from one end to thre other. I also have wast gate on all of the other equipment like a router table,bandsaw,jet 10-20 Plus sander the shop is 60 x 55 and the dust collecter handle all of it on one side of the shop and still have a lot of vacum to come all the way up the wall and have all of the other hook up and just use the wast gates to control the off and on. The 4 inch pipe is the way to go for sure you might try some reach on coming out of your vacum from the 2 1/2 drictly to 4 inch and see if it might help.
Hal