Importing EPS file...

Anything and everything CNC-Shark-related

Moderators: ddw, al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

timothymark

Importing EPS file...

Post by timothymark »

Was wondering if anyone could clue me in on saving a drawing from Photoshop in the .eps format that would be usable in VCarve Pro? I did "save as" but could not open it in VCarve... Thanks!

jeb2cav
Site Admin

Re: Importing EPS file...

Post by jeb2cav »

Hi,

In VCarve go to the File, Import, Import Vectors - and select the EPS file you created. If you were working with a vector based project in photoshop, the import will be fine. If you had a jpg or other image, and just did a save as eps in photoshop, the import will fail as there are no 'vectors' for the import process to pick up.

Did you already do this and get the 'Failed to import, the eps file probably contains bitmap only data' message? Is that your question?

Joraft

Post by Joraft »

timothymark wrote:
Was wondering if anyone could clue me in on saving a drawing from Photoshop in the .eps format that would be usable in VCarve Pro? I did "save as" but could not open it in VCarve... Thanks!
Timothy, unless you worked only with the pen tool or text function in Photoshop, it's likely your drawing contained raster components. Working with vector components in Photoshop is both limited and cumbersome. If you want to create good vector drawings and export them in .EPS format, I suggest using Adobe Illustrator ( or its rival, CorelDraw).
John

timothymark

Post by timothymark »

Yes, that is exactaly what happened... And that is my question... I did save as and then just tried to open... Got that very error message...

Thanks for the info John and Joe, I appreciate the help...!!!

Tim

(Neosho MO)