Post by Doctor Bob »

I ordered the Shark Pro Plus Aug 31st and went to the Vectric web site to down
load trial versions of the Vcarve pro and the 3Dcut software along with thier
tutorials. I have listened to the tutorials and tried out the trial versions -
so far I can't make heads or tails of most of what they are talking about. Is
there anyone within a reasonable distance of Wichita who I could go to for
training with a real live person to ask questions and get feed back. I think if
I could just get a little start up help this would be a great tool - as it is
I'm afraid to take delivery of it for fear that I won't be able to figure it out
on my own....... in a word "Help"

spinningwood

Re: Shark Pro Training

Post by spinningwood »

Can't get to Wichita to help, but I'll offer a suggestion. Forget about Cut3D initially. Focus on VCarve. Work through the tutorials on that and get comfortable with it. It will help you learn the basics of running a cnc machine. The DVD that comes with the software has really good video tutorials (don't know if that's the same as what you watched online?).

Once you get the basics down, then start thinking about 3D.

Ed

Doctor Bob

Post by Doctor Bob »

Thanks Ed. I just found out that they are shipping my order for the Pro Plus today (maybe when I get my hands on the machine it will begin to make more sense). I will take your advise about staying with the VCarve until I learn it

GARYR6

Post by GARYR6 »

There is plenty of help, both here and on the Vector site. On vector, use the search function to look for your topic and then read,read,read. Or ask here. We all found our way eventually with a little help from our CNC friends. So go forth and make dust. When you get stuck, hit the key board. We will be waiting for questions and pics of your work.

Buc

Post by Buc »

I agree with Ed and Gary both 100%. Keep it simple at first and learn what you can do with the V-carve software and machine. I watched the videos and if the tutorial has a PDF file you can print out, I print it out to do the tutorial and ease of reference. Try changing the text in the tutorial to your name or something of your liking. I spend alot of time reading the Vectric forum, taking notes and bookmarking pages for later reference. If I don't learn something everyday, I wasn't trying. Keep it simple to start and use you imagination. If I had worked this hard at learning when I was in school, I probably wouldn't have been next in line for the short bus. Oh, by the way I'm 1,100 miles away, but we are only minutes away VIA computer.

Start carving! The Fan Club will follow.
I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

Thomas A. Edison

The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday