Touch Plate

Anything and everything CNC-Shark-related

Moderators: ddw, al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

Turbo1zz

Touch Plate

Post by Turbo1zz »

Since I did not get an answer to this in the thread about the updated control panel software, I thought I'd pose the question in a topic of its very own. With the release of the latest control panel, I noticed in the preferences menu that there is a place to enter a touch plate thickness, and when I registered the software, there was an option to register a touch plate. Would anyone from NextWave or Rockler care to inform the general Shark populous of this addition, and whether or not we will be seeing a tool setting touch plate in the near future? I know the NCpod supports it as it can and is being done through Mach3 using a Zero Set App and a jumper sticking of the probe connection, can we now use the Basic Control Panel to set Z zero now? Inquiring minds want to know. Also, While I am here... Can I use my home made touch plate and register it to open some section of the Basic Control Panel that will allow me to do this? or is this another of the bells and whistles yet to come?

Thanks

Tim Owens

Re: Touch Plate

Post by Tim Owens »

Touch plate control is some of the updates we will have in the future. We will look at having homing or limit switches. These are future items that we are looking to add. Our focus is currently on getting to HD out with the software and Docs. Then we have a few updates that will work with the Vcarve 6.65 that will be coming out in a couple of weeks.
Keep checking back for updates and we release the newest version.