Converting a .tap to a .toolpath template?

Anything and everything CNC-Shark-related

Moderators: ddw, al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

gjablonsky

Converting a .tap to a .toolpath template?

Post by gjablonsky »

Gentlemen,
I am new to the CNC shark world. I just received my Shark on Wednesday this week. I purchased the Shark Pro Plus HD. Here is my situation. I am trying to create one of those "It's a Boy" signs. I have purchased the .stl file and managed to stumble my way through created the .tap file in Cut3D. What I would like to do is import that to Vcarve pro and add some text to it. Does anyone know how to do that?

I figured if I could load the .tap file into vcarve I would be fine, but the .tap file isn't even selectable. So I figured if I could convert the .tap file to a .toolpath template file i would be able to import it that way and add the test exactly where I want it on the material. Let me know if this is possible or another way of doing this.

Thanks

PeteD

Re: Converting a .tap to a .toolpath template?

Post by PeteD »

Once you have created the file and saved it in cut 3d you can then open v-carve, set your material sizes then import the file using import vectors from a file, (the second from the right at the top folder) making sure the 0,0,0 is the same as the 3d cut file. Then you can add text or outside shape etc. When you go to the toolpath area the toolpaths created in 3d cut will be there. Pete

gjablonsky

Re: Converting a .tap to a .toolpath template?

Post by gjablonsky »

Thanks Pete that was a huge help, and easy to do.