Machine pauses then resets X zero in middle of cut.

Anything and everything CNC-Shark-related

Moderators: ddw, al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

ArtistInFla

Machine pauses then resets X zero in middle of cut.

Post by ArtistInFla »

I had an issue with the machine running a raster cut along the x axis. It would pause and the x-zero would reset then it would continue with an offset in the x axis. Not only was it wasting material, it was going beyond the limit of the x axis and putting stress on the motor.

Luckily I was paying attention and stopped it. I checked the code and it was good. I created a test pocket tool path and it did the same thing.

I called Tim and he told me to ground out the 3 motors. This did the trick. I ran a muti-strand copper wire from each motor to the power supply. I sanded off the paint on the motor where the screw attached it and put my connector there. the other ends connected to the ground on the Power Supply. Zip tied it off every 6 inched to the cables and now the problem seems to have gone away.

I also tried to format the SD card. That did not work.

Hope this helps if anyone else is having this issue.

Mark

jeb2cav
Site Admin

Re: Machine pauses then resets X zero in middle of cut.

Post by jeb2cav »

Hi Mark,

Thanks for that great tip/finding. Can you post a picture at one of the motors and where on the power supply you did this?

Tim Owens

Re: Machine pauses then resets X zero in middle of cut.

Post by Tim Owens »

The pro Pluses and the HDs have the Grounds added (black wire to motors). The older White CNC Shark and Pros are not grounded and could benifit from the Grounds where there is high static conditions.
Thanks

Tim