Registration of shark software

Anything and everything CNC-Shark-related

Moderators: ddw, al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

Ausworkshop

Registration of shark software

Post by Ausworkshop »

I've recently re-installed everything after recovering from a lighting strike which wiped out our computers.

How do I re-register my cnc shark software? I've done the vcarve but now the shark basic control panel says I have a 30 day trial. I don't remember having to register the old version. I tried to email Tim Owens but I just get a bounce back message now from using his email.

Thanks as always for your help.
“It’s not that I’m so smart,
it’s just that I stay with problems longer.“
Albert Einstein

jeb2cav
Site Admin

Re: Registration of shark software

Post by jeb2cav »

Hi - check out the "What's New..." pdf on the NWA download page. Hopefully that will explain it.

Ausworkshop

Post by Ausworkshop »

I tried that email and also Tims own one. I'll have another look at it all tomorrow, I guess i do have 30 days to work it out :D
Albert Einstein

jeb2cav
Site Admin

Post by jeb2cav »

It may be no response yet from support because a staff member is on vacation or out sick. You're right, you have 30 days - I'd expect a return in 1-3 business days for this transaction. The registration of the Control Panel software is a 'new' process. Hopefully it will help improve support and responses when we have to make contact with NWA support - they'll have our information and machine info 'in hand'.

SPH01

Post by SPH01 »

If you register it you should get an automatic reply within a day or so with your registration key.
Check your junk mail as it comes from: register@nextwaveautomation.com
That's were mine ended up going.

Ausworkshop

Post by Ausworkshop »

The problem I have is the email won't even go through, it comes back undeliverable, I've tried both support@ and towens@nextwaveautomation.com.
If it went through ok I would be expecting a response but they won't respond to something they don't get. If they are sick or away normally you would get an auto reply (out of the office) not a failed to deliver message. Anyway I've been able to send emails to customers and family over the past few days so the problem isn't at my end.

I better get back to the workshop making signs, had enough of computers to last me a lifetime now.
Albert Einstein

Keoni

Post by Keoni »

DRMRDR

Post by DRMRDR »

I have the same problem, down loaded the new version on to a new computer and get the registration notice. The new version has a step down button in jog that my old version did not have. I really like it for setting zero.
Support links have not worked for me either.
Dave

Ausworkshop

Post by Ausworkshop »

Yes, its a bit strange. You would think they would test these things themselves to make sure they are working before releasing new software. It takes two seconds to test the instal on a spare pc and if there is a problem then make an announcement on this forum or at least provide an answer on this thread.

I would also like to know where to get spare parts from. A list of parts with prices would be great. I wouldn't mind having a spare controller and maybe a stepper motor or two so if anything happens I can get up and running again quickly. I will buy a spare router from our local supplier (carbatec) but any other parts would probably have to come from the USA and that means I would have to wait for shipping. I'd rather keep a few spares here on hand.

I realise they must be busy but if you wanna promote these things then you really need to look after existing customers with good service instead of focusing on promoting sales to new customers all the time.

Now I'm worried my software will expire right when I need it the most (just before Christmas). I shouldn't have to worry about a simple thing like registering software. Has anyone found out why next wave's emails are not working??? Its been a while now and I'm still no closer to getting answers.
Albert Einstein

tonydude

Post by tonydude »

Here is website for spare parts.
shop.nextwaveautomation.com/shop/
Buffalo,NY

"What will matter is not what you bought but what you built; not what you got, but what you gave”

Aspire 11.015, photo vcarve, cnc mako shark extended bed with the new upgraded HD 5 gantry with Led pendent.