WHO'S MAKING MONEY ?????????

Anything and everything CNC-Shark-related

Moderators: ddw, al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

al wolford

WHO'S MAKING MONEY ?????????

Post by al wolford »

As many of you know I have been associated with selling the Shark systems since their start here at Rockler almost 4 years ago.
I have talked to a lot of enthusiastic users and heard a lot of great ideas about using the systems. I am curious to know how people are using the Shark to 'turn a profit' or as part of their business that increases their income.
It's not my intent to steal anyone's ideas. I am just inviting some feedback.
Answers can be posted on here if you are comfortable or you can send me a private message.
I hope everyone has a great Holiday season.
Thanks,
Al

GARYR6

Re: WHO'S MAKING MONEY ?????????

Post by GARYR6 »

My Shark Pro has paid for itself and then some on small stuff. Name signs for the desk, funny signs for the kitchen, general signs for direction and information and just pictures. Cremation boxes for pets and a few fellow woodworkers, box lids of all kinds and size, game boards, chip carvings and picture frames, trivets, a few chip and dip bowels.
I'm retired and just fooling around so no mass production or parts work. If someone can describe it, I'll give it a try.
Could I have used more more size, maybe a few times, more speed , no not really. My Shark pro fits well into my shop and meets the need and desires of the majority my customers

CountryWoodCrafts

Post by CountryWoodCrafts »

I am cutting out grills and cabinet door carvings for local cabinet makers. . . their customers love it and it adds value to the cabinet makers product. . . I also carve business signs, plaques and awards.

Eagle55

Post by Eagle55 »

DANG!!! Are we supposed to be making money?? LOL

I have made 9 headstones so far and am donating them to the ancestors that have gone on before whose relatives either couldn't or didn't mark their graves. However, just sold and carved one for a friend this morning and paid for all the material I use for the others. Building up knowledge and skills with the software and machine hoping to start paying for the machine soon. Only had it about 2 weeks so it will take a little time to build up the clientele. (I don't have a wood shop business already) Have several contacts and possible outlets for taking orders and selling for me so I can stay in the shop making money. But having a good time learning.
CNC Shark HD ~ Control Panel 2.0 ~ Windows 7 & XP
Located in West Tennessee near the Tennessee River
http://www.eaglecarver4.com

Jack

Post by Jack »

I’m lucky I have a wife that is on several sites selling her artwork. She has me making boxes to sell to other artist ready to paint. They are made of ¼” MDF and are specific to cover several standard household items like Tissue Boxes. I also make three styles of stemware holders that fit over a wine bottle. They make a great gift when painted. I make signs that she sells on her sites too. I am Simi-retired but I have paid for the Shark and then some. :lol: