Welcome to CNC Shark Talk!

Anything and everything CNC-Shark-related

Moderators: ddw, al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

lockeb

Re: Welcome to CNC Shark Talk!

Post by lockeb »

Just purchased the Mako. Could you advise, send a pic, or send me to a topic that would give me some assistance on attaching sacrifice layer below the project. Things like should I get more clamps, cut paths for t track bolts... etc.

tidge409

Post by tidge409 »

Hello, New to this site and CNC, this is my first post but have been stalking this site for about a year now! Lots of info on here and helped me decide to buy the new MAKO. Put it together today and wasn't real happy that all the holes in the Gantry arms were not drilled. I decided to go ahead and drill the hole as there was a dimple showing where the drilling had started. Only one missing but heh I did pay Four Grand ! Also didn't like that there are no assembly instructions for the MAKO. Nothing in the box and nothing on the NewWave site that is specific to the Mako. Used the HD Pro and general info to get up and running. Now that the system is up and running, thanks to my very computer literate son, we are already making sawdust! So far real happy with the results. Hoping to continue being Happy with the Shark and looking forward to conversing on this site.

toolguy

Post by toolguy »

Thanks for the "Welcome". Just got my new Mako for X-mas. Looking forward to putting it together. Will DEFINATELY be in contact with all members for newbie help!! BTW, thank Tonydude for introducing me to the whole shark CNC thing!!!!!

al wolford

Post by al wolford »

Test of permissions

EdThorne

Post by EdThorne »

The Mako Shark HD is the best CNC product that is within the price range of many hobbyists. The software is fantastic and this forum provides access to lot of very helpful members that make the learning experience possible. Thank you to all that are involved in this forum. :D

Wolffie1

Post by Wolffie1 »

I want to make a new gantry in aluminium instead of plastic for my Shark in the MAKO style.
I like the way it slopes back.
Could somebody please give me the dimensions for the MAKO sides?
I don't need the top, just the sides.
Thanks
Wolffie

IDAHILL

Post by IDAHILL »

Hi All,
I have just ordered a shark cmc router pro plus hd from Rockler. Haven't received it yet but am very excited about the purchase. Do I have any major concerns before staring the machine, Is there anything that I should do that is not explained in the literature sent by the company.
Cheers,
Idahill

IDAHILL

Post by IDAHILL »

Hello again
I order the Photo Carve software from Vetric. This software along with the two pieces provided with the Shark ProPlus Hd gives me all the components of the more wide ranging ASPIRE software. I'm still missing the 3-d sculpture and carving component of ASPIRE. To get this in the aspire package the price is approx $1400. Does anyone know of another program that will work with the SHARK and isn't so pricey?
Idahill

tonydude

Post by tonydude »

Idahill,

Take a look at support.vectric.com for training videos and support of all the programs. Review all before you start operating your machine so you know how the different programs work.

Tony
Buffalo,NY

"What will matter is not what you bought but what you built; not what you got, but what you gave”

Aspire 11.015, photo vcarve, cnc mako shark extended bed with the new upgraded HD 5 gantry with Led pendent.

nelly

Post by nelly »

Thank you!