Welcome to CNC Shark Talk!

Anything and everything CNC-Shark-related

Moderators: ddw, al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

sk8nmike

Re: Welcome to CNC Shark Talk!

Post by sk8nmike »

Hot Dog. I pick up my Shark HD this afternoon. Hope to be carving by tomorrow.

Trimax

Post by Trimax »

Greeting everyone
Ordered my shark HD Monday hope to get it soon!
So now the qyuestions start... I see the lithos can someone tell me about the plastic used where to buy and such.
Im also a 3d modeler so im hoping to incorportate my 3d stuff into my carving any info on this would be great!

tonydude

Post by tonydude »

Trimax,

I use 1/4" corian for lithos. You can pick some up on ebay.

Tony

ahansen

Post by ahansen »

The shark HD was delivered yesterday, very excited to use it, Just a couple questions is there a front or a back to the table ie does it matter which way the router faces, and there are 5 holes on each side of the gantry to attach to the table but there are only 3 holes to attach it to, by looking at the pictures on the website it looks like you attach it to the arms using the bottom three screw holes, after getting it together the way i thought it should go, i worked up a test project and had it running in no time, only one problem the router ran through the motions but i could never get it to come in contact with my piece of wood, obviously im doing somethine wrong. Sorry so many question and i hope this is the proper place to ask if not ill ask them in another forum (still very new at this) Thanks AJ.

Trimax

Post by Trimax »

thanks Tony!

Well was excited when i got home to see UPS delievered my Shark HD :D ......OOOOHH but wait theres more yep theres my nice new shiny router and theres the Gantry. :P HMMM wheres the base seems UPS is going to wait till monday to deliver it! :shock: yep thats right have a whole week end and 1 day of work to think about what i sould be carving. Kind of crule and unusual punishmnet :!:

al wolford

Post by al wolford »

Finally !!!!!!!!! After years of development the manufacturer has developed two brush type dust collection attachments specifically designed for the Shark systems.
Rockler #43651 is designed for Shark, Shark Pro and Shark ProPlus.
Rockler #43650 is designed for the HD system.
Look for the complete details soon at http://www.rockler.com.
Also the recently updated manual for the Shark systems has also been placed on the Rockler offers for the systems.

Loudspeakerboy

Post by Loudspeakerboy »

Morning Al

Can you post a direct link to the dust shoes. I've been all over the Rockler site and can't find any reference to it.

Thanks, Michael

Eagle55

Post by Eagle55 »

Note: He said soon :) LOL Its not even in their publicly available system yet, they don't have them and not sure when they will be in according to the person answering the phone.
Here is a link to NextWave where you can see it.
http://shop.nextwaveautomation.com/shop ... ?itemid=52
CNC Shark HD ~ Control Panel 2.0 ~ Windows 7 & XP
Located in West Tennessee near the Tennessee River
http://www.eaglecarver4.com

Tim Owens

Post by Tim Owens »

Yes we do have some in stock (Next Wave) and Rockler will have them in stock soon (couple of weeks at most).
These are a slight variation on a different version that we sold that had a slide lock
this one has magnets for mounting instead slide lock with pin.
We have a HD and a shark/pro/plus version.
Make sure you purchase the correct one. The skus will be 43650 and 43651 at Rockler.
They have a 2.25" mounting hole that connects with most vac systems.
Thanks

Tim

Loudspeakerboy

Post by Loudspeakerboy »

I only saw the HD shoe available at the Nextwave store. Is the standard shark shoe also available?

Thanks, M