River Side Creations

Re: Welcome to CNC Shark Talk!

Post by River Side Creations »

ADRIAN wrote:THANK YOU.
Thank You,

River Side Creations

I have a new cnc and looking for a CLASSin the Austin Texas area.

sk8nmike

Post by sk8nmike »

If you make to the Dallas area holler. Other wise, have you checked with your local Rockler store?

River Side Creations

Is there anyone in the Texas Hill Cuontry that has a cnc shark that I can contact.

River Side Creations

sk8nmike wrote:If you make to the Dallas area holler. Other wise, have you checked with your local Rockler store?
Thanks sk8nmike, I would like to find some one that is close to Horseshoe Bay, I need alot of help.

arkvet

Post by arkvet »

Planning on buying shark plus but i don't know anything about cnc routing.My question concerns the kind of bits to buy. I intend to cut gears for wooden toys .the material is 1/4 to 3/8 inch maple. The gears are 2 to 3 inch dia. with 40 teeth.I'll need a tiny bit that will be able to cut the space between the teeth without getting jammed or tearing out material.Any help would be appreciated.education is a beautiful thing.

bdboy8

Post by bdboy8 »

I'm really pleased and honored to be a member of this forum.

ohiococonut

Fantastic forum

Post by ohiococonut »

Although this is my first post I've had my Shark Pro HD for about 6 months now and loving every minute of it. Had to drive about 4 hrs to the Rockler in Cincinnati to pick everything up but it was worth it. I would like to mention when I first went to use my probe it had issues. An email to Tim Owens at Nextwave, Mike and John at Rockler in Cincy quickly resolved the issue. I had a new probe in a couple of days and was up and running. This forum has been very educational and entertaining to say the least and I've learned a lot. As a pen turner it opens new possibilities and venues. I hope to be able to contribute as I progress and I've already made countless signs/plaques, the paradise box and now working with 3D images. I've also already made my shark tank and hooked my dust collector up to it. My hats off to whoever started it.
Del

"It's not what you take when you leave this world behind you, it's what you leave behind you when you go."

paulwooly

Re: open a Jpeg image in VCarve Pro.

Post by paulwooly »

Hi

Can and how can I open a Jpeg image in VCarve Pro.

I have many line drawing images I would like to carve into Timber.

I have Poto Shop CS3 and a list of file types to save to.

Is there a way I can carve a B/W line image.

Can you help

Regards Paul Woolveridge

Topher

Post by Topher »

Hello. I am considering buying the Mako early next year. I had hoped to see a demo in Seattle last week but sadly that was cancelled due to sickness (hope the fellow is feeling better!)

I have not been able to determine yet how deep a cut can be made. I found this:

"Z travel up to 7 inches max (2 inches more the regular plus)."

Does this mean a nearly 3.5" cut can be made into a nearly 3.5" piece of maple or walnut? If so, are the bearings and other parts up to that demanding job?

If so, I want a Mako!