Welcome to CNC Shark Talk!

Anything and everything CNC-Shark-related

Moderators: ddw, al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

shicks1015

Re: Welcome to CNC Shark Talk!

Post by shicks1015 »

Just purchased my Pro Shark HD and looking forward to it arriving hopefully soon. I am guitar builder and decided to take the leap of faith and get a CNC machine to help things along. Giddy with excitement.

Thanks,
Shawn

Loudspeakerboy

Post by Loudspeakerboy »

Welcome..

Acoustic or electric?

shicks1015

Post by shicks1015 »

I make electric guitars. I have not ventured in acoustic guitars at this moment.

Thanks,
Shawn

Loudspeakerboy

Post by Loudspeakerboy »

I build acoustics and use the shark for making tools and doing inlay work mainly. Much fun to be had..

Look forward to seeing your progress!

Cheers, Michael

Bob

Post by Bob »

Loudspeakerboy wrote:Morning Al

Can you post a direct link to the dust shoes. I've been all over the Rockler site and can't find any reference to it.

Thanks, Michael
Michael
Something to keep in mind when using a dust shoe, is this warning from Rockler when I posted my idea:
http://www.rockler.com/CustomerGalleryD ... roject=560
In general, the shoe worked fine. I now prefer an enclosure, and don't use a dust shoe anymore.
Bob
"Focus"
Antonie Van Leeuwenhoek (Developer of the microscope.)

Loudspeakerboy

Post by Loudspeakerboy »

Hi Bob,

Thanks for the heads up.

I would think that if your dust collecter is properly grounded (bare copper conductor connecting all machines, run inside all ducts, and to ground) that the static buildup shouldn't be a problem. I run a shop vac to my shark with its 2" hose (much lighter than 4"). It's totally neutral weight at the gantry. It's also much higher velocity than a standard say, 2hp dust collector.

Thanks again. Happy dust

Michael

Bob

Post by Bob »

Michael,
I agree with you. I took similar precautions. Still the same warning from Rockler.
Now, I just like the enclosure because of total dust containment, a clear work surface, ease of bit changes, and I can see what's happening.
On the other hand, the dust foot takes up less room and works pretty well.
It's still fun making sawdust either way. I like your updates on guitar building.
Bob
"Focus"
Antonie Van Leeuwenhoek (Developer of the microscope.)

Buffalo

Post by Buffalo »

HI,
I'm looking to buy a Shark Pro Plus HD, however, I will be using it to cut a plastic material of sorts not much wood.
The application is unique and I'd like to know if there is individuals that would let me visit their shop.
I'd like to discuss setup, repeatability and show what I'm going to use the Shark for, what I do is proprietary and confidential so just posting product information or images on this forum would not be possible.
I'm located in So Cal, I live in Victorville, and I work in Ontario for my day job, but driving further will not be a problem while doing me research.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks for your time!

arkvet

Post by arkvet »

thanks for the welcome.I'm an amateur mechanical toy maker and i need some answers about the shark pro capabilities.I need to be able to produce wood gears with sixty teeth and this is a monster pain on a scroll saw. Also i use pinwheel gears with brass pins 1/16 inch diameter around the wheel.I haven't made a purchase yet of a cnc machine. Is the shark pro capable of performing these tasks? Thanks for the information.

Loudspeakerboy

Post by Loudspeakerboy »

with ease...