Depths, feed rate,etc.

Anything and everything CNC-Shark-related

Moderators: ddw, al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

thomas

Depths, feed rate,etc.

Post by thomas »

i think a helpful tool for beginners and others would be a spread sheet with bit types, type of material (soft to hard), recomended depth settings, feed rate, etc. I would imagine it would take several pages for type of material but it would be a helpful reference, not a bible but a place to start. I found the file on vbits by angle to be very helpful on setting depth. I read the posts on recommended settings and bits for different materials but it would be great if there was one refence to go to. I don't know if anyone has started such a thing but it's on my to do list for the things i have learned and ran. I know everybody has their own experinces and recommendations. I plan to start putting it together while i wait for things to run on my shark. I'm waiting till after xmas rush to take my old computer in to get it cleaned up to run my shark and just transfer tap files to run. Any thoughts or input would be appreciated.

Thanks

fred1030

Re: Depths, feed rate,etc.

Post by fred1030 »

I agree with you. I am wish I could find a begineer's reference guide, book something that you can refer back to, not just for newbees either.

SPH01

Re: Depths, feed rate,etc.

Post by SPH01 »

Keep in mind it will vary depending on which Shark you have. The HD can be pushed a lot harder than the others. Also how much time do you want to spend sanding.
What I've found in the short six weeks is that if you download a design from someone and they have a $20k machine then you really need to slow up the feed and plunge rates I've had good luck with 60 and 15. If you search on here there are guys like Buc, Bob, Joe that have tons of info for us beginners to avoid mistakes. Let the search be your friend and read all you can. Vectric is also a great learning site.
Good luck,
Steve