Control Panel Version 1.5.0.22

Anything and everything CNC-Shark-related

Moderators: ddw, al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

spinningwood

Re: Control Panel Version 1.5.0.22

Post by spinningwood »

I upgraded from version 1.4.0.17 to 1.5.0.22 this morning. It was a quick and relatively painless process. Would have been easier if the machine was connected to the internet. Used sneakernet to transfer the reg files to a different connected computer and emailed the registration files for the shark and probe off to NWA. Hopefully receipt of the keys will be equally painless.

Trial runs (air cuts) seemed to work fine. I'll tee up a job this afternoon for a real test.

Ed

Bdub

Post by Bdub »

Thanks Joe. I may not have been clear at first. I don't want tweak any settings in the older 2010 post processors or edit them to add the Direct Output command, just curious they would work as is with v22. I'll eventually update to the most current version of everything in the interest of stability and bug fixes (though I haven't been plagued with any grey outs or other weirdness on v21).

I received the email with new serial number for my digital probe, and like Ed will be using the sneakernet method for reg keys as I don't keep my shop PC connected to the internet. I did this for the 1.4.0.17 to 1.5.0.21, so expect it will painless for this latest version.

Thanks again for your response and explanations.

Bart

Avenroot

Post by Avenroot »

drueth wrote: So I uninstaled ver 1.5.0.21 and followed the new manual step by step and it loaded and worked the first try. And to my suprised when I started the control pannel it somehow found the key information I had typed in for the old ver.
Glad everything installed well for you. :)

Doug Mel

Post by Doug Mel »

Tried to download the new files the other day.
I got to the CNCShark_run.ini file and the page could not be found.
I emailed NextWave but no response yet and page is still down.
Suggest you hold off on the upgrade until the file will download.

Doug

spinningwood

Post by spinningwood »

Doug - I just checked and I could get the ini file. You might try again. You only need the ini file if you are going to try and run the shark directly from the vectric software. If you create toolpaths on a different machine than the one you have connected to the shark, you don't need the ini file.

No problems with 1.5.0.22 yet. Everything running smoothly.

Ed

Kryptik

Post by Kryptik »

Ini file off line again, link just goes to some text..

spinningwood

Post by spinningwood »

Did you right click the link and choose "Save Link As"? I just did it again and it worked (depending on your operating system you might have to pick Save Target As instead of Link). The file I just downloaded a minute ago is the same as the file I downloaded the other day. It only has two lines of text in it. Looks like this:

CNCSharkControlPanel.exe
"%s"

I don't use the ini file because I have no interest in running the pro directly from Aspire, so I can't tell whether it works as advertised or not.

Ed