xp software issue with 22

Anything and everything CNC-Shark-related

Moderators: ddw, al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

ohiolyons

xp software issue with 22

Post by ohiolyons »

I read the manual for how to install 22 on my XP computer.

Page 33 says to install vcredist_x86.exe. "This is the first file to be installed if you are using Windows 7." "This is the second file to be installed if you are using Windows XP SP3 or vista.

The manual never tells you what the first file for xp and vista is.

John

jeb2cav
Site Admin

Re: xp software issue with 22

Post by jeb2cav »

Hi John,

You've found a goof left in the manual. With the 'old' Shark Basic Panel, if you were an XP user, there was another file that was 'first'. NWA developed the Shark Control Panel so that this 'first' file is not required. As the manual has been in the works for a while, and despite best efforts, this legacy sentence is in the first release of the manual.

If you already have the older version of the Basic Panel installed, or you installed the Control Panel, you will not need to repeat this step and can proceed to installing v22.

Thanks for reading and also asking when it doesn't make sense.

ohiolyons

Post by ohiolyons »

Thanks, that's what I thought it might be something like that. But I had terrible luck with the previous version so I'm trying to follow all the rules.

John

drueth

Post by drueth »

I am also using Windowd XP SP3. and was unable to register iss 21 of the control program. So I desided to load the new issue 22. I did install vcredist_x86.exc AFTER the iss 22 of the control pannel. When the install ran for :D vcredist it asked me If I want to repair the original or remove the original so I chose repair. Eveything seem to be fine and the new iss 22 even came up and said it was registered and has the very first key NWA sent me.
drueth
Shark Pro Plus HD
new to CNC 12/2012