Adding time for router spin up...

Anything and everything CNC-Shark-related

Moderators: ddw, al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

lanceputnam

Adding time for router spin up...

Post by lanceputnam »

I am using a Dewalt 618 which is fantastic. A issue with it came up when I was tramming a spoil board last week. It has what is called a "soft start". This means that it takes about 2-4 seconds to get up to full speed. I believe it was designed to save the current load on the router from the start. I noticed that when I was cutting the spoil board, when it started the cut path started before the router was up to speed. This caused a "step down" appearance in the middle of the spoil board. I am sure this was caused by the router cutting before it was up to speed and causing the gantry to flex a bit until the router caught up. Is there any way to add in, lets say, a 5 second delay to allow the router to speed up before the cut path begins? Thanks?

saramos

Re: Adding time for router spin up...

Post by saramos »

I suppose you could jog some distance away from your zero point, then start the cut. The router should move to the zero point before starting the cuts, giving more time for the router to spin up.

zac

Post by zac »

Try setting your FRO to just above 50% to give your router time to get to speed, once the router is at speed change your FRO to your normal setting.
Wayne.

spinningwood

Post by spinningwood »

You could contact NWA tech support and ask about modifying your post to insert a G04 Pxx (where xx is the dwell period) in the header (after the M3). They should know if the shark will recognize a G04 and whether adding it will cause any problems.

Ed