Dust shoe

Anything and everything CNC-Shark-related

Moderators: ddw, al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

thomas

Dust shoe

Post by thomas »

Iv'e seen several posts where people have said the they would post a vcarve file for a dust shoe template but I haven't been able to find one. If I don't have to reinvent the wheel I'd prefer not to. After today I know I need to upgrade my dust collection system from stopping by once in a while and grabbing the shop vac hose. To interject a little humor into this post ( and maybe solicite a little sympathy to prompt a response to my request) I tore apart an old end table that I inherited from my parents that was in my shop where I keep the dog bisquit box. He follows me out to the shed every morning to get his treat. I thought a neat project would be to carve a Vikings logo onto the top (Yes, Minnesota Vikings as much as it hurt this year). It was scratched up and stained so I thought instead of stripping and sanding it I would use my 1/2 inch end mill to strip and smooth it. Just when I thought I had the depth thing down to my amazement I was taking off a lot more than I anticipated and I had would chips flying everywhere! After vacuming up the mess I thought I would ask for help.

Thanks, just another newbie hoping to contribute somday!

Buc

Re: Dust shoe

Post by Buc »

Thomas,

Here is a Vectric forum post to read. http://www.vectric.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7510.

I built a shark enclosure, nothing pretty but functional.

Buc
I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

Thomas A. Edison

The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday

Haltex

Post by Haltex »

I have a new dust shoe made up for a while it works well as it works on either side of the router a clear the upwright of the gantry. The brush was order at Kents CNC you can get them in 2 in and 3 in the bace is made of 1/4 plex there is many way to put it together, either with Plex or 1/4 birch Plywood it hold itself together
Side Dust.crv
(525.5 KiB) Downloaded 342 times
there with magnet. Try it I hope somone get some use out of it. Hal

Ausworkshop

Post by Ausworkshop »

Thanks Buc, this is just what I was looking for as well. Do you have a photo of how it looks all together? Whats the magnet hole for? I wonder if it will fit on the Bosch router we have here in Australia, I think its slightly different than the colt router that the shark machines are shipped with in the USA.
“It’s not that I’m so smart,
it’s just that I stay with problems longer.“
Albert Einstein

Haltex

Post by Haltex »

Give me a couple of days and I will have it posted.

Hal

thomas

Post by thomas »

Thanks for the file its next on my to do list (other than my wife's to do list which I have been ignoring since I got my Shark!).