router

Anything and everything CNC-Shark-related

Moderators: ddw, al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

baby15

router

Post by baby15 »

anyone know what the best variable speed router is for shark hd i am running porter cable 690 but its not varible speed . want the variable for lithophanes

lanceputnam

Re: router

Post by lanceputnam »

I use a Dewalt 618. It has 6 speeds ranging from 8k-24k. The adjustment is also on top so I can I can change speeds very easily while its running. You only need the "motor" portion. If you look on ebay they are selling just the motors for 150-175 ish or you may be stuck buying the whole kit which includes the base or bases which will not be used.

baby15

Post by baby15 »

will a porter cable 6902vs fit the shark hd pro. i have one in another table. if i can use this wont need to buy one. i am useing the 690 which aint variable

sheilmolson

Post by sheilmolson »

I think CNC Shark Pro "Plus HD" Routing system with Bosch 2 1/4 HP variable speed router is the best for shark hd. This Plus HD is bigger than Shark Pro Plus and is easy to handle larger sized routers. With this machine you will get the speed and precision of computer controlled machinery. Plus HD is useful for cutting and carving high on a very large numbers. It has a impressive power, accuracy, speed and easy to use. Due to its aluminium and high-density construction accidents may be caused.

Ausworkshop

Post by Ausworkshop »

I would recommend you have a look at the super pid. It can vary the speed of any router and is a superior design over any routers built in speed control because it has constant feedback and adjusts according to the load to maintain a constant cutting speed from 5000 to 30000 rpm. Whatever router you use in future you can easily put the super pid onto so its great value and you'll only need to buy it once. Plus it has a really nice lcd available in many colors so it makes your whole system look pretty flash. Also you can control the speed by manually turning the dial or by using software such as mach 3 to set the speed. Google 'super pid' to read all about it.
“It’s not that I’m so smart,
it’s just that I stay with problems longer.“
Albert Einstein