Removing Wood Fibers left after cutting

Anything and everything CNC-Shark-related

Moderators: ddw, al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

BobA

Removing Wood Fibers left after cutting

Post by BobA »

What do you to clean up your CNC Projects? On all of the free projects that Vectric give us us monthly. They show a 3D Radial Brush Disc from McMaster Carr that is being used to touch up and to remove the burrs on the pieces that are cut out. Well after seeing this each month. I ordered about $30.00 dollars worth. I tried them and they are worthless. They did nothing to remove the burrs.

What I have had sucess with is I saw a package of Scotch Brite Scour Pads while shopping at Sams, They came in a box of (20) 6" x9" for less than $5.00 (I think). I took one of the pads and cut (2) 2" squares and mounted on one of my 1/8" arbors on my dremel tool. I installed the arbor in the center of the 2 pads. for me it removed all of the wood fibers left on my projects.

I hope this idea will help someone.

Bob

tonydude

Re: Removing Wood Fibers left after cutting

Post by tonydude »

Bob,

That's a great idea, never thought of that. That would work very good.

Tony
Buffalo,NY

"What will matter is not what you bought but what you built; not what you got, but what you gave”

Aspire 11.015, photo vcarve, cnc mako shark extended bed with the new upgraded HD 5 gantry with Led pendent.

sk8nmike

Post by sk8nmike »

Use a sanding mop, you can buy one for about $35. Or you can make one for about $15. I got all the parts at Harbor Freight.

You can find instructions here http://scrollsawworkshop.blogspot.com/2 ... cheap.html look towards the bottom of the article.

drice

Post by drice »

I use a small wire brush about the size of a tooth brush they work well
Dan