Digital TOUCH PROBE

Anything and everything CNC-Shark-related

Moderators: ddw, al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

momojito

Digital TOUCH PROBE

Post by momojito »

Hi
I saw a digital touch probe on Ebay and was wondering if this would work with the shark pro. It is $100 cheaper. http://www.ebay.com/itm/digitizing-prob ... 256bfbdb63

momojito

Re: Digital TOUCH PROBE

Post by momojito »

Hi all
I am new here and kind of sad with all the looker no one has a answer for me.
Anyway what else do you need besides the probe to use it? Do I need any special software or special access code to make it work?
Do you just plug it in and access it through the controller panel software?
Thanks
Bruce

jeb2cav
Site Admin

Re: Digital TOUCH PROBE

Post by jeb2cav »

Hi Bruce,

I am not aware that any probe other than that sold by Rockler will 'work' with the CNC Shark Control Panel software. With the purchase of the Shark Scan Probe, when you register it with NWA, you will receive a registration key that will enable you to use the Scan panel on the Control Panel software with the probe.

There is some wiring you'll need to do to your control box if you have a Shark or Shark Pro. The plug connection required is already present on the Control Box that comes with the Shark Pro Plus and Shark Pro Plus HD.

The scan results in an stl file being generated. You can open that and adjust it with Cut3D - then bring that into VCarve. I upgraded to Aspire early in my use - and knew I would before I purchased my Shark and scan probe - which has tools that enable me to clean up the scan further.

One thing about no answers even though 'looks' - the reader doesn't know... I don't know with authority either, but believe this is the correct answer.

Hope this helps.