Used shark pro

Anything and everything CNC-Shark-related

Moderators: ddw, al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

savageshep

Used shark pro

Post by savageshep »

Going to go look at one tonight. What are somethings to look for. It is supposedly only 2 months old and only ran 3 projects on it. Any advise would be helpful. thanks in advance.
Shep

ohiolyons

Re: Used shark pro

Post by ohiolyons »

From a hardware point of view I would look to see what the condition is, has it been abused/is it all there? The documents on the Rockler website and Next Wave site should give you a good idea of what you are looking for. Most importantly see if they will cut something for you to see if the electronics work.

Is the bousch router included? Rockler website has the current street price. Again the router being included should affect how much you pay.

From a software point of view see if they are planning on giving up there license on VCarve Pro, there is a transfer fee to change ownership approx $50 when I looked in to it a year ago.
Them giving up their license on VCarve should radically change what you pay for this machine. I think a copy of VCarve is $600.

Just some thoughts off the top of my head.

John

savageshep

Post by savageshep »

The router is included as well as a computer with all the software on it. Also the Software discs and all documentation that came with the machine. if i am getting the computer with the software already on it would that need to be transferred? thanks for your quick response. Bruce
PS I am offering $3000 and he is taking that. Just have to look at it first.
Shep

ohiolyons

Post by ohiolyons »

Probably yes, Vectric will want your e-mail address for updates. When you buy VCarve new (with a shark or just the software itself) they provide free updates for a year. I got mine in January and before my year is up there will have been two major upgrades for free. Don't know what their upgrade policy is on transfers. They are usually very responsive when you ask questions.

Another reason to transfer the software is there may be upgrades available from Vectric that the previous user never downloaded.

Hope this helps

John

savageshep

Post by savageshep »

Thanks John. I will check those things out. You have been very helpful. Would not havethought of those things. Bruce
Shep

ohiolyons

Post by ohiolyons »

I only found out about the Vectric issue when I was considering buying a used shark on ebay.

John

davespenden

Post by davespenden »

I have a Shark Pro that I purchased in March that I am interested in selling. I want to upgrade to the newer Pro Plus model. I am figuring that I should be able to sell it for about $3400 to $3500 since I will be able to include the unregistered copies of V-Carve (which will be upgraded to 6.0 soon) and 3D cut since I have Aspire and will not need those programs as well as the free images they are giving with the package. That along with not having to pay sales tax ($230 savings). So what do you folks think? A rarely used Shark Pro with brand new VCarve ($500-$600 value), Cut 3D ($300 value) no sales tax ($230 value) and 20 images ($100-$200 value)for $3500? Purchased in the store, it will cost almost $4000 for the same set up.

Any interest let me know
Dave

Tim Owens

Post by Tim Owens »

Dave,
If you upgraded to aspire (paid upgrade price) then you basically registered the Vcarve if you purchased Asprire outright then the Vcarve is unconnected and good to go.

Tim