Asking me to register AGAIN

Anything and everything CNC-Shark-related

Moderators: ddw, al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

DickL

Re: Asking me to register AGAIN

Post by DickL »

Hi
I don't know how to run the control panel from within the Vectric software. I have never seen anything published that wold explane how to do that. Could you give some instructions on how to do that?

Tnx
DickL

Avenroot

Post by Avenroot »

This process is documented on page 122 of owners manual which you can get from our website.

http://www.nextwaveautomation.com/Downl ... .5.0.9.pdf

DickL

Post by DickL »

Hi
We have a bit of a disconnect. On page 122, the computer running the control panel must still be connected to the shark.

In your prievous post, you said the new version of the control panel would execute even if the shark were not connected, but all of the buttons would be greyed out.

I would like to be able to determine, from the control panel, the length of time a .tap file will take to execute even if the computer running the control panel is not connected to the shark. This means I would have to be able to load a ,tap file so the control panel file functions cannot be greyed. This assumes that the ,tap file is compiled and the execution time computed by the control panel. If the compilation and execution time comes from the ncPod controller, it won't work.

Tnx
DickL

Ausworkshop

Post by Ausworkshop »

I tried running direct from Vcarve just to see what its like. I read and re-read the instructions and after about an hour playing around I still can't understand how to get it to work. This bit here from the instructions confuses me.

'One additional file must be placed in the appropriate /PostP folder – CNCShark_run.ini. This file should be placed in the same folder as the post processors (described above).'

Ok so I went to nextwave to download the file by going to the downloads section, I click it and it doesn't seem to do anything, just opens a command line. How do I get this file? CNCShark_run.ini

When I open and view the postp file and look at it in notepad it looks like its entered correctly, I'm guessing I need to copy a file into the Postp folder but I still don't know how to get the file.

It doesn't download from nextwave like the postp files. I had no trouble putting them in the folder but still have no idea how to get this one to make it work direct to the machine from vcarve.
“It’s not that I’m so smart,
it’s just that I stay with problems longer.“
Albert Einstein

wolffie

Post by wolffie »

Just a sideline ausworkshop
Did you ever sort out your Colt mounting problem?
I received a new mounting bracket yesterday and, as per usual, the Aussie router does not fit the mounting :evil:
I just found a place in UK that can supply 1/2" 240v variable speed routers useable for the Shark.
Not really that expensive either.
Cheers
Wolffie
I am never going to die, I live in Paradise already

Buc

Post by Buc »

http://www.nextwaveautomation.com/Downl ... n%2011.pdf

Ausworkshop,
Did you look at this PDF file?
Buc
I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

Thomas A. Edison

The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday

Ausworkshop

Post by Ausworkshop »

Hi Wolffie,
I never had a problem with the router. I bought the machine in Australia and it already had the Bosch router fitted so I'm assuming it has the right bracket. I did notice it was slipping a while back so I had to really tighten up the bolt to get it to clamp tight again. Is the Bosch router smaller or bigger diameter than the Colt? If you ordered a mounting bracket from the USA then I would assume it will be for the Colt unless you asked for one to fit the Bosch.

Hi Buc,
Yes this was one of the documents I was reading.
On page 13 (I think) it says
'Place a copy of the CNCShark_run.ini file in the same folder as the CNC Shark post processors to clear this failure'

Problem I have is when I try to download this file from nextwave it doesn't appear to download like the other files did. All I get is a small amount of text. Its not a file so I don't understand how to put the file into the postp file when its only a small amount of text. Do I need to paste this text into notepad somewhere?
The text doesn't look the same as it does in the instructions anyway so I'm still confused about how to follow these instructions.

If you go to the downloads section on Nextwave's website are you able to download this file? If so then why can't I download it? What did you do with the file in order to get it to work/open etc?
Here is the link to the downloads section http://www.nextwaveautomation.com/DownLoads.aspx
Scroll down to the file and click on it. All that happens for me is an explorer window opens with this text in two lines as shown.

CNCSharkControlPanel.exe
"%s"

The instructions say to put this file in the folder described but its not really a file its a bit of text.
Now what?
“It’s not that I’m so smart,
it’s just that I stay with problems longer.“
Albert Einstein

wolffie

Post by wolffie »

Hi Wolffie,
I never had a problem with the router. I bought the machine in Australia and it already had the Bosch router fitted so I'm assuming it has the right bracket. I did notice it was slipping a while back so I had to really tighten up the bolt to get it to clamp tight again. Is the Bosch router smaller or bigger diameter than the Colt? If you ordered a mounting bracket from the USA then I would assume it will be for the Colt unless you asked for one to fit the Bosch.
I gotmy Shark from Carba-Tec. It is the HD.
It came with the Colt but with the bracket that comes with the larger routers that are available in the US.
When I finally received the smaller bracket, (because the AUS Colt is smaller in diameter than the US one) never mind how much I tightened it, it would still wriggle out of the bracket.
I solver the problem by shimming it with a strip if fibreglass fabric.
However, I am not impressed that Bosch Australia will not make the variable speed router available for 240 volts but Bosch UK will. I like to work with perspex among other materials.
I have found a source in UK that have 240 volts variable speed available in both Bosch and AEG. Price is reasonable too. Comes with both plunger and fixed base and the can fits in the Shark.
Just have to make up my mind which one :D
Cheers
Wolffie
I am never going to die, I live in Paradise already

Buc

Post by Buc »

Ausworkshop,

"%s" is the file you want. Doing this from memory as I did this before instructions where available. Right click on the (CNCShark_run.ini) link on the NextWave download page, select (Save Tarkget as...) to desktop. then open a session of your Vectric software. Left click on (FILE) Tab, Select and click on (Open Application Data folder), opens another screen Select (PostP) folder, Left click and it will open another folder (PostP) and this is the folder you want to paste the (CNCShark_run.ini). Right click on the File folder on your desktop that you just downloaded from NWA. Copy it and paste it to this to the (PostP) folder. Not sure but you might have to close the Vectric software and reopen it for it to show up in the (PostP) file folder and work.

Hope this helps you, if not ask more questions.

Buc
I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

Thomas A. Edison

The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday