Annoying Prompt: No Vector Selected

Anything and everything CNC-Shark-related

Moderators: ddw, al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

Bob Shepherd

Annoying Prompt: No Vector Selected

Post by Bob Shepherd »

Hello All...

I'm new to the Shark CNC router machines. I have a Shark Pro Plus. My question may be better suited to Vetric (VCarvePro), but here goes.

In the V-Carve/Engraving Toolpath, I select the cutting depth of the bit and the V Tool. But when I click on Calculate, I get a prompt that states the following: "No Vectors Selected... At least one vector must be slected..." I'm only cutting a rectangular piece (9" x 3.5" x 0.75"), so I'm a bit confused about the prompt. Can anyone clarify?

Thanks much,
Bob

ohiolyons

Re: Annoying Prompt: No Vector Selected

Post by ohiolyons »

I'm assuming that when you say "I'm only cutting a rectangular piece (9" x 3.5" x 0.75")" that you are talking about the size to the work piece. If this is so you have to add vector(s) for the desired toolpath operation to follow. Lets say a square. Go to the drawing tool menu and select a icon that looks like a square. Now go to your work piece (9" x 3.5" x 0.75") and draw a square somewhere on the work piece. Now go back to the toolpaths menu, ensure the toolpath you want to apply to the square is select (the calculate button will be available). Now go back the drawing tools menu and select the selection mode icon (pointer/arrow) under the edit vectors area. Highlight the square (mine turns to purple dashed lines) and then press calculate. Then press preview toolpath.

Hope this answers your question.

John

spinningwood

Re: Annoying Prompt: No Vector Selected

Post by spinningwood »

Bob - Have you watched the tutorial videos that came on the VCarve disk? It sounds like it might be really beneficial for you. Also check out the videos on this website as well.

Ed