Cutting Parts with VCarvePro

Anything and everything CNC-Shark-related

Moderators: ddw, al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

Bob Shepherd

Cutting Parts with VCarvePro

Post by Bob Shepherd »

I purchased VCarvePro because I was told that it can cut out parts just as easily as it can engrave. But I've been having difficulty accomplishing this simple task. In the drawing mode, I entered the dimensions for a simple rectangular piece (9" x 3.5" x 0.75"). If I DON'T want to engrave, but I want to simply CUT a block of wood from a 0.75" thick piece of pine... what must I do? For something that should be pretty starightforward and quite simple... well, maybe I'm just a blockhead (pun intended).

leonard1234

Re: Cutting Parts with VCarvePro

Post by leonard1234 »

If your a blockhead I am block head number 2. I am just making simple inlays an cannot get the correct gcodes I need. I have stock that is 11.25 x 11.25 x.75. I want centered an 8 x 8 x .25 cut for tile. Can someone please help even if it is from star to finish if this is not asking for to much. :
Thanks

spinningwood

Post by spinningwood »

Leonard - I responded to this same question that you posted on the Vectric forum. Check out that reply and if you are still stuck, post again here or there.

Ed

CountryWoodCrafts

Post by CountryWoodCrafts »

I use the create profile toolpath and pick an end mill tool. Insert tabs so the part doesn't break away while cutting.

spinningwood

Post by spinningwood »

Just to be clear, Bob should use tabs because he wants to cut out a piece of wood by cutting completely through the workpiece. Leonard should not try to use tabs since he is just cutting a pocket that is not the full depth of the material.

Ed

CountryWoodCrafts

Post by CountryWoodCrafts »

Yes, sorry I did not read the whole process looked at by each person.

I have found some tools when you cut through the piece does not show it in the 3-D view even though it is the same or more depth. I cut with a 1/16th straight bit 1 inch depth on a 3/4 piece of wood ... it told me that I might screw up the table . . .but when it showed the animated cut it did not show it cut through.