How to draw radial lines

Anything and everything CNC-Shark-related

Moderators: ddw, al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

jimbob45

How to draw radial lines

Post by jimbob45 »

I am working out a round cribbage board. I have the peg holes all sorted and the rings around all the peg holes. What I can't figure out is how to draw straight lines to separate each set of peg holes. I also want to draw in a start and finish line. Please help!!
Enjoy!! Jimbob

fison

Re: How to draw radial lines

Post by fison »

JimBob,

If you post what you've got so far maybe we can point you in the right direction. Normally if I want lines that radiate from the center of the circle I draw a straight line, align it to the center of the circle and then rotate it the appropriate amount and then trim the portions I don't need.

Hope that helps.
Paul Fison
Tacoma, Washington, USA
(253) 925-0855

Eagle55

Re: How to draw radial lines

Post by Eagle55 »

When I made a simple clock face I used the "copy objects along vector" function to start with a large circle around my center point and divide the circle up in the number of equal parts that I wanted (in my case 60 for 60 minutes around the clock). The object that I copied was a small diameter circle. This allowed me to use the center point of my round project and the center point of the small circle on the circumference to draw a line. From that I could trim the lines at what ever length I wanted. Like fison says, let us see what you have and maybe we can come up with an easy solution. I have don't a little bit of CAD drawing and sometimes you have to do a little extra drawing that you're not going to actually engrave.

Roger
CNC Shark HD ~ Control Panel 2.0 ~ Windows 7 & XP
Located in West Tennessee near the Tennessee River
http://www.eaglecarver4.com