Shark Pro Plus squaring adjustments

Anything and everything CNC-Shark-related

Moderators: ddw, al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

REG

Shark Pro Plus squaring adjustments

Post by REG »

I discovered my "X" axis is a bit lower comparing opposing ends. I checked the table and it is good. I checked the gantry and it is off leaning a bit into the "Y" axis. I removed the table to check against the bottom travel bar of the gantry. The top of the gantry is almost 1/16" higher parallel with the "X" axis fully extended. There is no adjustment that I can see nor is there one to correct the slight forward lean. All assembly holes were pre-drilled and are tight. Should I open the bolt holes a little to allow for adjustment? I don't feel right doing that since I could cause movement when carving. Has anyone else had trouble with squaring or alignment?

Thanks,
Bobby

CountryWoodCrafts

Re: Shark Pro Plus squaring adjustments

Post by CountryWoodCrafts »

Just a thought . . . could you remove the router holder and shim it and put it back. . . would this not give you a trued angle without modifying?

REG

Re: Shark Pro Plus squaring adjustments

Post by REG »

Thanks for the reply. Yes, shiming the cradle or base plate at the router would correct the forward lean which would result in a perfect verticle bit to the work surface, but the gantry being off a hair is a bit more challenging. Basically I have two issues, the forward tilt (which we covered here) and the gantry clearance to the parallel base is higher by 1/32" on one far end of the "X" axis compared to the opposing end. I loosened the gantry fasteners but there is no play so nothing gained in the attempt.

Thanks again!
Bobby