ncpodgcodecompiler.exe has stopped working

Anything and everything CNC-Shark-related

Moderators: ddw, al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

UK Cats

Re: ncpodgcodecompiler.exe has stopped working

Post by UK Cats »

I had the same problem. I reformatted the card, replaced the card (must be 4GB or smaller), reinstalled the software & drivers and even replaced the USB cable. None of this fixed the issue.

After much frustration, SUCCESS! (I know this sounds crazy, but it worked) I switched the USB port that I was using on the laptop, and it worked. It works on that port with the original SD card or new, the old USB cable or new. I have talked to some IT field techs (who support PCs for larger companies) and they confirmed that they have seen similar things happen with other USB plugged devices. Apparently Windows must keep the driver associated with a device that was plugged into a specific USB port but if you move it to another USB port it will search/load the newest driver.

Keithe71

Post by Keithe71 »

I received my shark and followed everything to the tee many times and still get ncpodgcodecompiler.exe error. I have tried everything in the forums from reinstalling software (6 times), tried all three USB ports (3.0 and 2 2.0), Replaced the printer cable, and went and bought 2 more 4GB cards. I have tried everything I know of is there anything else I can do? Also this control box that I got with the Shark HD 2.0 looks used has stains on the side like it was in a bracket. Do they send used control boxes out with new buys?

4DThinker

Post by 4DThinker »

We do know Rockler has taken a few back from unsatisfied buyers. My recommendation is to contact Rockler with your controller complaint. Contact NextWave Automation with the software error.

Keithe71

Post by Keithe71 »

Thanks looks like I will be on the phone tomorrow.

Nextwavesupport

Post by Nextwavesupport »

Good Morning,
We are sorry to hear that you are experiencing some difficulties with your new CNC machine.
Please feel free to contact Next Wave Support so we can get this issue resolved.
You can either email us at support@nextwaveautomation.com or give us a call (419)491-4520. We are available Monday-Friday 8:30-5:00pm Eastern Time.

Thank you
NWA Technical Support

Keithe71

Post by Keithe71 »

I finally got it to work. I used my son's computer which is windows 7. So I guess it won't work on my ASUS windows 8.1.

Dash

Post by Dash »

Hello, All!!

Beautiful Sunday in West Texas with dust, 40 mph winds and fires....Fire up my machine to have the control panel read ncpodgcodecompiler.exe not working...Winds killed my internet and my day of frustration got worse. Finally had a Tech come out to fix wires, internet back on to read foreign language about this problem. I install floors not work on puters....So.....I read the part about changing USB ports and AH-Ha!! it worked......Just for fun, I plugged the cord back in the "bad" port and it worked???!!! Any ideas out there??
With this being my first error, I am positive I will have more problems and the problems will happen to me, like all of you, when there is no one around to help. In this case, would one of you "techies" tell me how to reformat the sd card?
Thanks to all!!
Dash

jebedee

Post by jebedee »

I reformatted my SD card and everything started working fine! Thanks!