MAKO Shark HD-Adjustable bearings

Anything and everything CNC-Shark-related

Moderators: ddw, al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

fdownwind

MAKO Shark HD-Adjustable bearings

Post by fdownwind »

Does anyone know what adjustable bearings are used on the MAKO? Im wondering if there is a similar product i can look at for reference? My curiosity is peeked definitely. Also are the motors 269 oz in still? Or are they using bigger motors. They mention more torque and speed and i am wondering if this is electronics AND bigger motors or just electronics?

Jarel Design

Re: MAKO Shark HD-Adjustable bearings

Post by Jarel Design »

Great questions...

I'm right there with you. I had planned on purchasing the HD, but after seeing the Mako, I am now targeting my questions on this new model...

Same questions... More power: (bigger motors or just electronics boosting power of the original Shark Pro Plus HD motors...?)

Also adjustable bearings? Please explain... show pictures please...

Will the up coming 4th axis "plug-in" to the Mako?

Manufacturer/distributor, please enlighten us? :)

Thanks!

Richard

jeb2cav
Site Admin

Post by jeb2cav »

Hi Folks,

Tim Owens addressed some of these questions briefly in this post - http://cncsharktalk.com/viewtopic.php?f ... =10#p10841

Tim Owens

Post by Tim Owens »

The 4th axis will plug into the existing controller for (black) Shark,Plus,HD and Mako models. Any older white models will have to have a suppliment controller. We have improved the controler power to the motors that will provide better performance at higher speeds.
The adjustable bearings have two adjustable screws out of each block bearing to allow for adjustable stiffness. These are set at the factory and do not need to be adjusted but can be increased if desired.