New set up.

Anything and everything CNC-Shark-related

Moderators: ddw, al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

cdat

New set up.

Post by cdat »

Okay. My machine arrives tomorrow. I've combed through many a thread on all the forums I could find on setting this thing up. I'll post pictures as I add on and my 1st runs with it if I ever figure it out.

Anyone have an opinion on setting it up? My shop floor is wood. My garage is concrete. Would it matter which I set it up in? The reason I ask, is my shop is pretty full and I have room in the garage with dust collection there too.
Let's revisit the whole "Hope I die before I get old" Thing.

Flankmanoman

Re: New set up.

Post by Flankmanoman »

If it were me , I'd go for the garage. Easier to control vibrations and already having dust collection is a great advantage. My router is enclosed. I make guitars and the sawdust can be overwhelming!
Good luck with yours---great fun!!

cdat

Post by cdat »

Rushed home last night (57 miles, opening day deer season, 45 minutes :shock: ). Got there and found my $4000 package sitting in the mud. Good job UPS :roll: .

Anyho, wheeled the stuff into the garage and tore into it like a kid on Christmas morning. Just about got it all set up when the missus arrives home and asks me what I got. Oh, did I forget to mention to her I bought it? Silly me. Simple oversight. Well, let me tell you, the kids learned some new language today! Let us just say that I didn't finish assembly this night due to unforeseen circumstances arising from domestic issues needing resolving. To be continued.....

RhB_HJ

Post by RhB_HJ »

Oh dear, such a surprise this close to Christmas. :o :o That could cost you dearly. :D :roll: :D
A "honey do" list as long as your arm and everyone of the projects to be run on the Shark. :twisted:
Cheers

HJ
_______
Hans-Joerg Mueller
Coldstream, BC Canada

http://www.rhb-grischun.ca

cdat

Post by cdat »

After promising the world and then some to the wife, I set up the machine in my shop and am now attemptiong to understand the software. This has been a quite humbling experience. When I figure out how to post pictures, I'll send some.

REG

Post by REG »

cdat wrote:When I figure out how to post pictures, I'll send some.
Posting photos is the easy part; look towards the bottom in the area where you post your message. You will see two folder tabs; one for "Options" the other for "Upload attachment".
Use upload attachment to post that photo of the new dent in your wife's frying pan where it came into contact with your head :lol:
For the software, view the Vectric videos and the ones in this forum to give some basics. I frequently use the pdf material because it is easier to refer back to for each step rather than rewind of a video.
I would start with the basic sign that Vectric has for V-Carve pro. Just get you a decent piece of scrap material. Neat part is you can edit the text from "Bulls Head" to whatever suits you. I might suggest an endearing word or two for your wife.
Enjoy!

Bobby

cdat

Post by cdat »

So, am I understanding I can attach a picture from my computer without having it on a web site like photo bucket? My photo bucket account is full and can't post any more pictures there.

REG

Post by REG »

cdat wrote:So, am I understanding I can attach a picture from my computer without having it on a web site like photo bucket? My photo bucket account is full and can't post any more pictures there.
Yup. If your photo is in a link then use the tools above the reply box (url tool).

cdat

Post by cdat »

Well, now I seem to be stuck trying to download something. I also have to cut out a lot of Christmas stuff (not cnc stuff) to appease 'She who is Boss' before I can cut anything on the machine... :(

cdat

Post by cdat »

Figured out the software issue. No one said I had to read the instructions! :oops:

Anyho, will try my hand at designing something today.