HD out of commission, temporilary!

Anything and everything CNC-Shark-related

Moderators: ddw, al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

Keith Hodges

Re: HD out of commission, temporilary!

Post by Keith Hodges »

Up and running! That was rather painless. Did one carving, but don't think that is a fair test to see how much better it is, so, I guess I'll have to carve some more tomorrow! Keith
Being retired is hard work. Spending way too much time in the shop these days. (And loving it).
Shark Pro Plus HD, Vcarve Pro, Photo V Carve, Cut 3D, scan probe.

tonydude

Post by tonydude »

Keith,

Glad to see your up and running. Let us know how you make out after doing more carvings.

Tony
Buffalo,NY

"What will matter is not what you bought but what you built; not what you got, but what you gave”

Aspire 11.015, photo vcarve, cnc mako shark extended bed with the new upgraded HD 5 gantry with Led pendent.

Keith Hodges

Post by Keith Hodges »

Been a little under the weather last few days, but did do a little carving. Gotta say the flattening and leveling is so much better than it was. One carving was a 3D dragon from vector art. On the finish pass the router went from side to side at 90 degrees, only dipping down when it came to the dragons body. All the surrounding area the bit was actually touching the very thin protective plastic coating on the acrylic, leaving a mark on it, but didn't touch the acrylic. Talk about precision. Gonna raise the safe travel height on any future carvings, but the accuracy of the table was amazing. Now for my shark tank!
Being retired is hard work. Spending way too much time in the shop these days. (And loving it).

Wolffie1

Post by Wolffie1 »

Goodonya

Cheers
Wolffie

tonydude

Post by tonydude »

Keith,

That is great news.

Tony
Buffalo,NY

"What will matter is not what you bought but what you built; not what you got, but what you gave”

Aspire 11.015, photo vcarve, cnc mako shark extended bed with the new upgraded HD 5 gantry with Led pendent.

baby15

Post by baby15 »

Keith Hodges wrote:Ok, finally fed up with my uneven, non-flat table on my HD. After some really good ideas regarding fixing this issue in the forums, I've decided to take the plunge, and get this right! So, tomorrow my table comes off, and the flatning begins. Then the leveling. Then, a shark tank. Getting tired of the noise and dust to boot. So, I may be suffering withdrawals for awhile, but I'll put on my "big boy panties" and tough it out.
might have to do mine to

baby15

Post by baby15 »

Keith Hodges wrote:Up and running! That was rather painless. Did one carving, but don't think that is a fair test to see how much better it is, so, I guess I'll have to carve some more tomorrow! Keith
what was the cost of leveling

Keith Hodges

Post by Keith Hodges »

I'm guessing in the $50.00 range. 3 pieces of aluminum L channels. Some have used T, some U channel, don't think it makes a lot of difference. A little over kill, I bought 30, 2 1/2 inch bolts like the ones on our clamps with the T for our table tracks. Could have gotten by with 1 1/2 or less. Bought them from Rockler. Nuts and washers for each. I did like others and put two bolts on each table slat to hold them flat. The bolts in the middle L channel have to be short so the gantry will clear under the table, so I used the original bolts that held the table down, got rid of the original plastic on each end that held the top down. Keith

baby15

Post by baby15 »

Keith Hodges wrote:I'm guessing in the $50.00 range. 3 pieces of aluminum L channels. Some have used T, some U channel, don't think it makes a lot of difference. A little over kill, I bought 30, 2 1/2 inch bolts like the ones on our clamps with the T for our table tracks. Could have gotten by with 1 1/2 or less. Bought them from Rockler. Nuts and washers for each. I did like others and put two bolts on each table slat to hold them flat. The bolts in the middle L channel have to be short so the gantry will clear under the table, so I used the original bolts that held the table down, got rid of the original plastic on each end that held the top down. Keith
thanks. sounds like I will be doing it in the near future. waiting for my nest ss check lol

drueth

Post by drueth »

For what its worth here is a link with pic about how I did mine . I have 3 3/4 L bar under my table and it work great . I used 1" L bars for the table supports.

http://www.cncsharktalk.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=2297

take your time it does make a big difference.
drueth
Shark Pro Plus HD
new to CNC 12/2012