Frustration Deluxe!!!

Anything and everything CNC-Shark-related

Moderators: ddw, al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

slguynes2&3

Frustration Deluxe!!!

Post by slguynes2&3 »

We have owned our CNC Shark Pro Plus since November 3, 2010. I have watched the tutorials several times. I have read the manuals
for the V Carve Pro program. I want to carve/engrave a name in a single line on a board. When the CNC Shark Pro Plus is engraving
the name, it is carving the letters one on top of the other. I am a newbie when it comes to carpentry, but I am willing to learn. Please
help me figure out what it is doing, and how to correct the problem.

REG

Re: Frustration Deluxe!!!

Post by REG »

Depending on which way your board is running, it sounds like either your "X" axis or your "Y" axis is not moving/connected. To test your movement of both "X" and "Y" use the Shark Basic Control Panel and jog each of these axis' to see that each move. If one doesn't double check your connections to the controller.
Last edited by REG on Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

slguynes2&3

Post by slguynes2&3 »

Thank you for your reply. When I jog the X, Y, and Z axises, they perform their functions very well. I have
unplugged everything and replugged all plugs and USB. I have all pertinent plugs are in a power strip, which I turn off and one
with its switch. I am I not selecting the right vectors?? How is the spacing between letters done??

REG

Post by REG »

slguynes2&3 wrote: How is the spacing between letters done??
In V-Carve you edit text using the 2D tool bar. Text spacing is the "text edit spacing and curve". Check here: http://www.vectric.com/WebSite/Vectric/ ... w_text.htm. At the bottom of this instruction page is a crv file that you can actually use to run this project.
I find the text tutorials are better than the video for direct project guidence because you can continue referring back to a particular page rather than rewind of a video.