Cutting Tool Selection

Anything and everything CNC-Shark-related

Moderators: ddw, al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

MoHawk

Cutting Tool Selection

Post by MoHawk »

I am planning to buy a Shark Pro Plus towards the end of the year. My initial use will be to build custom pistol boxes. I am also planning to build a new kitchen with custom built cabinets that will have designs in the door panels. I am sure there will be many other projects for me to work on. My selection of 1/4" shank router bits is very old and have seen a lot of use. What cutters would you present Shark owners recommened that I buy initially with the machine?

Thanks for the great forum. I've learned a lot that I am sure will help me in initial setup of a Shark.

REG

Re: Cutting Tool Selection

Post by REG »

MoHawk, the Shark Pro Plus will come with your first V-bit but I had a similar question a couple weeks back. Here is the link on that topic: http://www.cncsharktalk.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=227

Maybe this will help you too.

Bobby

MoHawk

Post by MoHawk »

Reg, Thanks for the link. There is a lot of good info there. I have all of the bit suppliers bookmarked so I can spend some time browsing.

Bob (appears to be a popular name on the forum)

REG

Post by REG »

MoHawk wrote: Bob (appears to be a popular name on the forum)
Yea, I found that out when attempting to register the user name myself. So I just used the acronym of my initials so it looks like this Bob is a REG-ular guy :lol: