Training Class

Anything and everything CNC-Shark-related

Moderators: ddw, al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

Barguy

Training Class

Post by Barguy »

Hey,

I would highly be interested in a shark training class. I live in TN, but would be willing to drive to Atlanta and stay overnight for one. It would be great if there was some type of exhaustive course on just general things. Like an all day class to go over using the machine from top to bottom. Even though I can now get the basics done I would still love this.

Is this possible to arrange. I bet a lot of people here would be interested??

martin graphics

Re: Training Class

Post by martin graphics »

I agree, I live near Ocala FL and would love to have a class on the Shark & also the V-Carve software.

cdat

Post by cdat »

I'd prefer online classes myself. I don't have the time to go somewhere.
Let's revisit the whole "Hope I die before I get old" Thing.

stonker

Post by stonker »

I'd be happy if questions were answered here on this forum

cdat

Post by cdat »

stonker wrote:I'd be happy if questions were answered here on this forum

...and that is exactly why I am here. To learn from those who know more then I do.
Let's revisit the whole "Hope I die before I get old" Thing.

lazym

Post by lazym »

Wouldn't it be nice if the stores that sell the Shark would have training classes. That would make it a lot easier for customers (new and experienced) to attend training and not have to go across country. I just ordered a Shark Pro and would feel a lot better with someone showing me how to rather than sitting and reading it.

RhB_HJ

Post by RhB_HJ »

cdat wrote:
stonker wrote:I'd be happy if questions were answered here on this forum

...and that is exactly why I am here. To learn from those who know more then I do.
Yes, that helps. :)

I can't really comment yet, my Pro Plus is in transit, but I anticipate to have one or two questions and/or comments when it arrives. ;) ;)
Cheers

HJ
_______
Hans-Joerg Mueller
Coldstream, BC Canada

http://www.rhb-grischun.ca

ffloyd

Post by ffloyd »

Only one or two? I have a dozen...

The Shark Pro Plus appears to be a great machine for us hobbyists. I am quite computer literate as that is 80% of my day job, but CNC is new to me.

I have learned a great deal from the forum, but there is still a great deal to learn.
Fred
Shark HD520, JTech Laser, 4thAxis
Aspire v11.5

BarryECW

Post by BarryECW »

I agree I would like to see "hands on" training classes. I'm computer savvy but a novice when it comes to CNC.
I'm confused by a lot of the terminology and am a very "visual" learner. I agree with others a 2 or 3-day weekend
class somewhere within a reasonable distance (I'm in Southern Indiana) would be GREAT. The videos are helpful
but don't show what to do if something doesn't go right.

I'm trying to vcarve a VectorArt3D file in 2D. I thought I had calculated the toolpath correctly, but it is apparently
only doing 1 cut path & cutting too deep on that pass. I feel like there should be multiple paths but the imported file doesn't
allow for changes to be made. I'm totally confused and frustrated because I don't know what to do when something doesn't
go the way it appears it should. Attaching ny toolpath for review if someone can tell me what I am missing.
Attachments
DeerHorizont - F.tap
(2.39 MiB) Downloaded 315 times

mazzy

Post by mazzy »

Count me in...I'd fly anywhere in the 50 states for a weekend class.

Somebody who is an old pro ought to take advantage of these requests, team up with a Vetric pro and do seminars for a price. I'd pay $200 for a weekend class. You get 30 people and you've made yourself a nice little profit.

Mazzy