aspire upgrade

Anything and everything CNC-Shark-related

Moderators: ddw, al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

ohiolyons

aspire upgrade

Post by ohiolyons »

If I upgrade from VCarve Pro to Aspire can I avoid buying the Cut-3D software if I ever add the probe?

John

ohiolyons

Re: aspire upgrade

Post by ohiolyons »

I guess I need a lesson on this web-site.

I assummed since Rockler and Next Wave were monitioring it and were responding to questions that were appropriate for them.

Should I send these types of questions directly to Rockler andd Next Wave in the future?

Is there a way to flag them for Rockler/Next Wave review?

John

Michael Rytter

Post by Michael Rytter »

Tim Owens from Nextwave is in here frequently...I'm surprised he hasn't answered you, John. (I don't know the answer myself so I'm not much help...I have the probe and cut3d)

Mike

jeb2cav
Site Admin

Post by jeb2cav »

Hi John,

I believe you will not use Cut3D if you upgrade to Aspire. From the Vectrics site, the Cut3D features are all found "in" Aspire. I asked the Vectrics folks about this at their User Group meeting as well, and they confirmed that.

I think this is a separate issue from the Probe. The probe is going to generate a vector file and you just need the software to manipulate it into the shape/size you need for a project. Of course, I haven't gotten to fooling with my probe yet, so can't confirm that from direct experience yet.

However, all my notes leading up to a purchase decision indicate the work flow with the probe doesn't require Cut3D if you have Aspire.

As to who's monitoring the web from Rockler and Next Wave - Al Wolford is from Rockler, and I believe Kim Adams is Next Wave. Tim is often following up quickly on this site as well - but depends on his travel / schedule (I suspect) at times.

Tim Owens

Post by Tim Owens »

You are correct the Aspire has all of the functions that cut 3d has but cut 3d is alot easier to use if you are only using those functions.
That being said I have seen the new aspire and they seem to have fixed a bunch of issues that made Aspire cumbersome to use.
I am looking forward to the update.

As a side note anyone that purchases any Shark from us will get a discount off of their Aspire upgrade price (Vectric Retail) if they purchase it though Next Wave Automation.

Also Kim, Al and Chris are Rockler and I (Tim Owens) am from Next Wave.

The Rockler people are great with their support center and can answer questions quickly which I might not be able to do because of travel.

Thanks

Tim

Buc

Post by Buc »

Here is a comparison chart on all Vectric software.

http://www.vectric.com/WebSite/Vectric/ ... rision.htm

I have V-carve Pro and Aspire both. I have both programs in my computer but always click on Aspire.

http://www.vectric.com/WebSite/Vectric/ ... oducts.htm

Here you can download a trial version of Aspire.

http://www.vectric.com/WebSite/Vectric/ ... rchase.htm

You can upgrade from V-carve to Aspire.
I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

Thomas A. Edison

The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday