HELP

Anything and everything CNC-Shark-related

Moderators: ddw, al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

johndeer2005

HELP

Post by johndeer2005 »

The last three projects I have worked on the router is not lifting up high enough sometimes and carving shallow lines in the material between what ever I am carving. It dont do it all the time but enough to ruin the project. Can anyone help?

milo30

Re: HELP

Post by milo30 »

Hhave you checked your settings to ensure that it is set high enough for safe travel ? Do you have the proper material thickness and starting point, surface of material or table
?
Also when the problem occurs, what happens if you send it back to 0.,0,0
? Does it go to the correct location ?

Another thing that I find useful when it acts up is to just unplug and restart the program. Occasionally mine acts up and that has always fixed it.

4DThinker

Post by 4DThinker »

You need to make sure your bits are tight in the router collet. Gravity and cutting torque will pull a bit out if it can.

johndeer2005

Post by johndeer2005 »

Thank you for the help, yes I have checked all of the above. It lifts high enough most of the time but theres a few times it dont and ruining the project. The router does go back to zero. It has me puzzeld. I havent changed any settings and have done alot of carvings, it just started this 3 carvings ago. I did change the Z safe travel setting but still did it. Its aggravating when your an hour into a carving and this happens. Not to mention expensive.

milo30

Post by milo30 »

I had a problem with mine before where it would just dive into the project, usually about 10 minutes before the end of the carving. I contacted new wave automation and sent my box back to them and they replaced something inside.
Are you running a dust collector on it? If so is it grounded?
I'd shoot their support people and see if they can help you.

Like you, I have a pile of half completed projects and it does get very expensive and frustrating.

Let us know what you find out to be the cause

johndeer2005

Post by johndeer2005 »

Yes, I have a dust collection on it but it is not grounded. I will shoot them an email and see what they say. Thank you for the help.

furyfantoo

Post by furyfantoo »

Is your wood warped? Sorry if that sounds liek a question to a noob, but it's hard for people to know what other people do or do not know.
Just a small-scale amateur woodworker trying to take it to the next level...