Post Processor for PhotoVcarve

Anything and everything CNC-Shark-related

Moderators: ddw, al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

Chiefmedic

Post Processor for PhotoVcarve

Post by Chiefmedic »

What is the correct Post Processor to use when using PhotoVcarve and Shark Pro-Plus?

Dave

Chiefmedic

Re: Post Processor for PhotoVcarve

Post by Chiefmedic »

When I install the files for the PP, from Nextwave Automation for the PhotoVcarve, and then run the program, the correct PP will not show in the list!

dave

Chiefmedic

Post by Chiefmedic »

Also after istalling the pp file, I get the following error on startup of PhotoVcarve.

var=
unknown variable name specified
on line 50 of file
C:\program files (x86)\PhotoVcarve\PostP\CNCSHARK-USB-GCODE_inch.pp
var ARC_CENTRE_I_INC_POSITION=[I|A|I|1.4]

I have unistalled the entire PhotoVCarve program and reinstalled it. Using Win 7 O.S.

I installed the pp files for VCarve and Cut 3D without any issues.

Anybody have any ideas?

Thanks
Dave

REG

Post by REG »

Dave, I don't have photocarve (though I am considering it) but I am going to take a shot at this; did you place the downloaded file from Next Wave to the folder: c:\Program Files\photocarve\PostP\ ?
It could be the file is not in the correct location. If by accident you installed the file in the wrong location then that might be the cause of the error. But I will note too that if the x86 is showing, that text was accidently copied to the file. The x86 should be edited out of the file and should look exactly like I typed above.

I hope this was some help.

Bobby

Chiefmedic

Post by Chiefmedic »

Bobby..

Thanks for the reply..........

When I installed the PhotoVCarve program, it put it in a directory "Program Files (x86)". I did put the pp files in the PostP directory and they are still there along with the pp files that came with the program. The VCarve and Cut 3D program's are also in a seperate folder's under the dirctory "Program Files (x86)". I installed the pp to those individual PostP directories and they work fine. The PhotoVCarve program is the only issue.

I have seen in other post's here on the CNC Shark Talk forum that the pp for the CNC Shark Pro Plus are included in the program's, and should install when you do the initial install. Unfortunately they (pp's files) are not in my versions and I have to load them manually.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks

Dave

REG

Post by REG »

Chiefmedic wrote:I have seen in other post's here on the CNC Shark Talk forum that the pp for the CNC Shark Pro Plus are included in the program's, and should install when you do the initial install. Unfortunately they (pp's files) are not in my versions and I have to load them manually.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks

Dave
Dave,
I had the same problem with Cut3D - that I had to add the PP files in the appropriate location. I did find VCarve did have them already installed. If you did all the other steps then Tim is the only one I can think to advise.
I was just attempting to help re-check the file locations.

Bobby

Tim Owens

Post by Tim Owens »

Make sure you use the correct post processor it must be for photoCarve.
you must put in the post processor in the postP folder then restart PhotoCarve to see it.

moshinglizard

Post by moshinglizard »

I am trying to load the pp in the photovcarve and it tells me i don't have permission and i need to contact the administrator. Any Ideas?
Thank you
David

jeb2cav
Site Admin

Post by jeb2cav »

Hi David,

Is this warning presented by Photo VCarve or is it a Windows looking error? A screen grab might be useful.

The only idea I have is that the file is either set to read only as a result of downloading or copying, or your system security treated that file that was copied into the \Program Files\... part of the hard drive as a security risk and blocked its use.

Use your file explorer, and navigate to the C:\Program Files\PhotoVCarve\PostP. Right click on the CNCShark-USB_inch.pp.
Right Click and Select Properties
Right Click and Select Properties
Select Properties to get the following UI.
PP File Properties
PP File Properties
Look at the Attributes setting. Make sure the Read-Only and Hidden boxes are cleared. If they are checked, uncheck them and select Apply.

If they were checked, after you hit apply, hit OK and then try PhotoVCarve again.

If you get the same result, go back and open the properties of the PP file, and select the Unblock button, hit Apply, and then Ok. Try PVC again. If this cleared it, the computer user account you are using is not at an administrator level of privileges. This is really up to you if you want to fool with that or not. It sounds like a lot of different settings are present on new Win 7 boxes depending on the vendor.

Please keep the forum posted as to if this clears up your problem or not.

jeb2cav
Site Admin

Post by jeb2cav »

David -

An alibi comment - I'm assuming you are already positive you are attempting to use the CNC Shark PP files designed for Photo V Carve, and not the ones designed for use with VCarve Pro, Cut 3D and Aspire. There are 2 different sets of PP files available for download at the Next Wave Automation Site.

And again, the last post was just some ideas - I haven't experienced this problem myself.