Searching

Anything and everything CNC-Shark-related

Moderators: ddw, al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

Nshado

Searching

Post by Nshado »

Hello all,

I am searching for a small, inexpensive, Desktop? CNC machine to do basically just one thing. I want the capability to carve, in the Round, knife handles (like the one pictured) in wood. Failing this, I would be very interested in finding someone to work with who Does have the abiiity to do this. I need fairly small quantities of these, around 10 at a time, but on an ongoing basis. Any help, suggestions, or volunteers for this would be greatly appreciated. I can also be contacted at: nshadow@stx.rr.com Thanks, Nick Image

REG

Re: Searching

Post by REG »

I recently copied and produced a successful chair back repair. It was an ornamental hour glass design. I basically took a photo of it and imported into V-Carve and adjust to the size. Grant it this was two dimensional with flat surfaces but some of the inside profiles were tight and the Shark was the only thing I could think of to cut the small sections. For your handles, I would think a Shark with a scan probe would do the trick to scan the handle surface and then generate that data into Cut3D - Vectric software. I think it is very do-able but at the expense of a new Shark, well.............
It seems that you are soliciting for a system or a forum member to take a shot at it for you. I don't have the scan probe (yet), if I did I might give it a try on something like your handles.

Bobby