Controller

Anything and everything CNC-Shark-related

Moderators: ddw, al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

enriquewoodcarver

Controller

Post by enriquewoodcarver »

Why don't Next Wave Automation build a controller instead of using the mouse I guess it'll be faster to set up...
ER

milo30

Re: Controller

Post by milo30 »

You can buy your own wireless or usb controllers and set up to use much cheaper than you'd ever get from new wave.

4DThinker

Post by 4DThinker »

Game controllers can also be configured to work as jog controllers. The jog screen has to be active, and they essentially just map up/down/left/right/pgup/pgdn/home/end keyboard inputs to the game controller,

enriquewoodcarver

Post by enriquewoodcarver »

milo30 wrote:You can buy your own wireless or usb controllers and set up to use much cheaper than you'd ever get from new wave.
I didn't know about that oh well I guess Im gonna start looking for one, Do you recommend one?
4DThinker wrote:Game controllers can also be configured to work as jog controllers. The jog screen has to be active, and they essentially just map up/down/left/right/pgup/pgdn/home/end keyboard inputs to the game controller,
Im gonna check it out thank you.
ER

milo30

Post by milo30 »

I know of people who use game controllers with good success. I just use a wireless keyboard myself. Any PC game controller should work for you. Just configure the buttons to do the function that you want them to.