Loading the CNC Shark Control Panel Drivers

Anything and everything CNC-Shark-related

Moderators: ddw, al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

metalworker

Loading the CNC Shark Control Panel Drivers

Post by metalworker »

I can not get my computer to recognize the CNC shark control panel. I follow the videos online when downloading the installation files but it still doesn't work. Attached is a picture of the device information for my CNC shark connection. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Attachments
Capture.PNG

4DThinker

Re: Loading the CNC Shark Control Panel Drivers

Post by 4DThinker »

Yes. Go to nextwaveautomation.com/Downloads.aspx and download the USB drivers for the Shark Controller. You should only have to do this once. Install as administrator and then retry your Shark Control Panel.

Look for:

Run this program first to add drivers for talking to controller
vcredist_x86.exe (Added 01/12/2009)

4D

metalworker

Post by metalworker »

Thanks for the quick reply, but I have tried that several times and everything seems to download just fine. However, when I go to connect the control panel my computer still says it does not have the driver installed. I do get this message (see attachment) after installing the vcred executible.

Can anyone help, this is frustrating not even being able to get started?
Attachments
Capture1.PNG

4DThinker

Post by 4DThinker »

Downloading won't install the file. Once you have it on your PC you have to run it. Double click on it to run it, and OK any prompts that come up. Then I suggest rebooting your PC before running the Shark Control Panel.

jeb2cav
Site Admin

Post by jeb2cav »

You may want to review the installation steps found in the Shark Owner's Manual - different operating systems and computers handle the installation a little differently. Be sure to take the time to disable your anti-virus during installation as well.

metalworker

Post by metalworker »

Thanks, I took your advice. I actually removed my anti-virus software altogether and then read the manual. The part where my computer is failing is on the attached page. The icon never pops up for the driver installation at the end of running the executible files. Does anyone know what I need to do to my computer? :(
Attachments
Ref Man.PNG

tonydude

Post by tonydude »

Hey metalworker,

Where are you located? Maybe someone nearby could help you. Tell us where you are from, also there's a map on here check it out.

Tony
Buffalo,NY

"What will matter is not what you bought but what you built; not what you got, but what you gave”

Aspire 11.015, photo vcarve, cnc mako shark extended bed with the new upgraded HD 5 gantry with Led pendent.