New Forum Member - Questions

Anything and everything CNC-Shark-related

Moderators: ddw, al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

milo30

Re: New Forum Member - Questions

Post by milo30 »

I am in Texas and have no issues with equipment in a non climate controlled garage.
You can use the software on up to 3 computers.
I try to never leave mine unattended as I have had it plunge into the table before, flexing the machine until I could hit the e stop. I have also heard of the getting stuck and causing a fire on the material.

I built a office in the garage that I can sit in and monitor thru a window when I am not working on something else but am always in ear shot to hear a problem

NewAgent45

Post by NewAgent45 »

Thank you all for your replies.

I have another option which I had not thought of earlier. Remote peripherals! There are several methods of remotely extending your Monitor, keyboard, mouse and other peripherals from the PC. So all I need it is install a monitor, keyboard and mouse next to the Shark.

I’ll plan to mount a flat screen monitor on the wall above my work bench and install a keyboard tray so it pulls out from under my bench. Like Roger I also have a good home network that has both wired and wireless connections. This solves the environment issue for the PC and gives me more bench space.

I’ll will also install “shark-cam” to give me remote view when working on my home office computer. I can remotely connect and login to my “Shark” computer via remote desktop. I’ll easily be able to remotely monitor the operation.

We also plan on getting some additional airflow in my shop. In the summer it is both hot and very humid here in North Florida.

Have a great day!
……………. Rod

KarenW

Post by KarenW »

Eagle55 wrote: HOWEVER, I do occasionally have operator errors and design flaws that I blame on the environment. :D
Roger
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Karen