CNC Router Teacher

Anything and everything CNC-Shark-related

Moderators: ddw, al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

Nellybel

CNC Router Teacher

Post by Nellybel »

Hi! looking for someone near the North New Jersey area to take two full days (weekend or weekdays, whatever suits you) to teach me how to use my Shark 3D CNC Router. Anyone interested? Thanks!

tonydude

Re: CNC Router Teacher

Post by tonydude »

Have you looked on the map to see who's close by? If they are pm them. Also go to support.vectric.com for all the tutorials on the Vectric programs, follow along with it and you'll be up and running in no time. The videos are a big help.

Tony
Buffalo,NY

"What will matter is not what you bought but what you built; not what you got, but what you gave”

Aspire 11.015, photo vcarve, cnc mako shark extended bed with the new upgraded HD 5 gantry with Led pendent.

milo30

Re: CNC Router Teacher

Post by milo30 »

The software is the only hard part to learn. The machine takes 10 minutes to learn how to set it up to run the program. The Vectric videos are the best way as you will learn the different short cut options. I know they are boring and hard to watch but If you can pause and work along with it, it makes it easier. You will have to watch them multiple times to really have the stuff sink in. It is one of those things that one day everything will click and then they all make sense and you will want to go over and catch what you missed before. I've been using mine about a year and I still go back and watch a video from time to time and pick up new things every time.

The other option to consider is to watch for one of the camps opening up next year and find one near enough to you. I flew from Texas to S. Carolina for one and beside all of the other things that I learn James from vectric was there and used an overhead to teach features of the software. They are fairly cheap to attend and well worth it to absorb a lot of information, be able to ask questions and pick their brains during the breaks. You might try searching for a user group in your area to get together with people who know what they are doing. You will find cnc hobbyist are more than happy to share their knowledge.