Blue Screen and Laptop Reboots Itself

Anything and everything CNC-Shark-related

Moderators: ddw, al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

jazpeitia

Blue Screen and Laptop Reboots Itself

Post by jazpeitia »

Hello comrades, I managed to finally get my gantry level with the table and also ground my shopvac and no more static electricity. Now I have a new problem, after I run file on the control panel for about 1 minute or so my computer goes to a blue screen and dumps everything in memory and it reboots all while the CNC keeps running. Has anybody else had this problem. My computer is practically brand new and is not being over taxed on it's abilities. Thanks in advance.

LeeWills

Re: Blue Screen and Laptop Reboots Itself

Post by LeeWills »

Your model is loaded into the memory card inside the controlbox and runs from there. It is possible to run the whole model without a computer attached but, of course, you will not have the display area on your computer.
I guess the blue screen of death is from another issue.
Regards
LW
If you can't blind someone with science, Confound then with B***S***

Consultingwoodworker

Post by Consultingwoodworker »

Hard to imagine how a USB device can cause the issue you relate. I'm not saying it can't be done, but I have never experienced that with any USB device, and certainly not with a CNC. In 25 years of running machines connected to computers through RS232 ports, PCMCIA slots, Ethernet cables and USB ports' I have never seen a CNC crash a computer. I've seen plenty of computers crash CNCs, but I've never seen a case where we knew that the blue screen was caused by the CNC.

Do you have another laptop that you can hook up and try the program?

Ralph

milo30

Post by milo30 »

I agree. Try another computer if possible. I would remove the control panel and reinstall it again or even try an older version. It doesn't sound like a cnc issue but a software issue.