update control panel and registration

Anything and everything CNC-Shark-related

Moderators: ddw, al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

rlwagner

Re: update control panel and registration

Post by rlwagner »

In reply to Joseph's answer above, two things:

1. The update process does not mention that you can go to the Web site and trigger the keys being emailed to you. It says you have to wait 24-48 hours, which on a Friday afternoon really means until Monday, not 48 hours. Why on Earth wouldn't that put a link in that dialog box? Why tell us we have to wait 24-48 hours? HP would be out of business if it did this with updates to their printer software.

2. I did figure out that I could go to the Web site, but have you read the posts above? The new key will NOT stay in the software. Every time we close the software and reopen we have to re-enter the key.

The answer is to stop this nonsense. No one else does this. It makes no sense because no one can profit from pirating the software as it works ONLY with a Shark CNC router.

Stop the entire registration requirement.

McBuster

Post by McBuster »

Joseph

In all fairness, and honesty ...

Can you explain the process you just outlined to a six year old? I doubt it.

Have any of you at NWA really thought thru the Market Perception and resulting disappointment of this silly process that "protects" your software? When, without the Control Panel, it is useless anyway?

Again, a six year old ...

Thanks ...
Jon ...
Woodbury Mn

janz

Post by janz »

It is frustrating to say the least. Yes I followed the instructions each time I tried.
Remember I was updating to 2.0 FROM 1.5 And yes this works perfectly with 1.5
but NOT 2.0
Anyways up and running nicely on 1.5 again and ignoring the update popup.
Also updated firmware seams to be fine with 1.5 so far.